Ring App Integration with MyQ garage Door Opener Hub

I was recently looking into a garage door feature. Ring offers a tilt sensor through a third party that only tells if the door is open or closed. The MyQ Garage door hub from Chamberland works with most garage door openers produced after 1993. It is reasonably priced installed in minutes and has worked flawlessly with my Gennie Excellorator Opener. It seems to me that Ring would benefit from offering a link to this technology within the ring app. It’s easy to set up, easy to use, and fits within the price range of all the other ring product offerings. I can now see if my doors are opened or closed and open or close them directly from the phone app. Has anyone else purchased this product?

5 Likes

Yeah this would be great except these developers think amazon needs access to our homes/garages.

Not happening . Some working for amazon isnt having access to my home.

Hi there, @BriCra! You can link the MyQ to the Ring app by following the steps in the article below.

To add your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control to the Ring app:

1. Open the Ring app, tap on the menu, tap Devices, then tap Set up a device. Scroll down and tap Garage Door Openers
  2. On the “Add myQ to your Shortcuts” screen, tap Begin Setup.
  3. Follow the steps to link your Amazon and Ring accounts.
  4. Follow the steps to link your Amazon and myQ accounts.
  5. When you finish this step, you’ll have a new tile on your Ring app dashboard linking to the myQ app where you can monitor and manage your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add any options that are not available in the form of a request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest and vote in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: