cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Alexa Skill - Motion Snooze - Integrations Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Alexa Skill - Motion Snooze - Integrations Feature Request

Please add a function to the Ring Alexa Skill to cause it to implement Motion Snooze.

The Ring App implements Motion Snooze but the Ring Alexa Skill continues to announce any sensed motion regardless of Motion Snooze being set. It is pointless temporarily suspending Motion announcements to the mobile telephone when Motion Snooze is set while the Alexa devices continue to make Motion announcements. Please rectify.

Regards

Joe.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring Alexa Skill - Motion Snooze - Integrations Feature Request

Hi @JRJSmith  - we encourage you to search the Community before making duplicate posts. You can find more information, here. The team has definitely heard the feedback and request and we will continue to update the thread with information. Please feel free to add it to the integration Feature Request board as well. Thanks!  

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I found this forum looking for solution to this same problem. I was heavily invested in Echo 6 devices in a 4 story house. I added a full Ring alarm system and Doorbell solely based on the integration ability with Echo...only to find that motion alerts are terrorizing my family. I kept telling them "just snooze the doorbell" with your phone app...only to discover that Alexa doesn't care about Ring's snooze settings. When I contacted Ring support, I was told I would need to configure each Echo device motion alert separately...which I've spent 4 hours pouring through internet posts and Ring/Alexa apps and still haven't figured out how to configure each Echo device to either turn off or snooze Ring Doorbell 2 motion alerts.

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS? JUST MAKE THE SNOOZE SETTING GLOBAL TO INCLUDE ECHO DEVICES WOULD BE HUGE

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Your link chastising the poster is not to a feature request post like this post. Additionally, the workarounds listed are not complete and suffer numerous drawbacks. So after searching your link and the feature request section - this OP seems more than proper.

I will add to the OP, hoping Ring proper will consider this feature on a fast track.

If possible, please do two things:

1) make the Alexa Ring Skill honor the mobile app motion snooze setting

2) add an Alexa Ring Skill to snooze motion detection, like the mobile app

that way motion snooze is a bi-directional option from either Alexa or the Ring Mobile App

(motion detection announcements are a great feature you added, however without this flexibility people will tend to disable it because at times it becomes very annoying- cutting grass, working in the yard).

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Searching for the exact problem and landed in this thread. Has there been in progress on this issue? For now, I am unplugged my Alexa Echo.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi charlieLauj,

Regrettably, there appears to have been NO progress with this.

The only response that we ever seem to get is from the Community Manager (Jennifer_Ring) being completely UNHELPFUL.

This whole Integrations Feature Request board appears to be a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME - set up as a PRETENCE that Ring is interested in its customers - it is NOT.

I love their products in general (they could be improved by implementing solutions to their customer's requests) but their staff appear completely lacking in Customer Service.

Best regards

Joe.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Setting up schedules to resolve this is not a resolve. At this time my yard guy is cutting my grass. I am working from home and my alexa will not stop alarming that there is movement. There is no way to setup a schedule for this situatuon.
New Neighbor

Ended up here searching this same issue.  PLEASE fix this.  Your product is significantly less useful to  me without the ability to pair with Alexa effectively (which means the ability to snooze when I need/want to)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

yes I totally agree! I'm so annoyed right now. Having bbq on the deck and I keep hearing it go off 🙄
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Landed here after searching out the same problem as the OP.

Interesting on my end is that I have 4-Dots, 1-Echo and 1 View.

When I snooze motion, motion is snoozed as it should be on my View and only 2 of my dots.

2 other Dots and the Echo continue to give the motion alert.
Go figure.....

The only solution for me is to unplug the anouncing devices when I need full motion snooze.