Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTSP protocol for Ring devices?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: RTSP protocol for Ring devices?

@webbson wrote:

I might even get rid of my current Ring Doorbell and buy another brand if RTSP support isn't added. 

I believe the Doorbird doorbell is one of the very few ones if only one that supports RTSP.

Highlighted
New Neighbor
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Ricke333 wrote:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amcrest-1080P-WiFi-Wired-Video-Doorbell-Camera-with-IP55-Weatherproof-2-...

There was no mention of RTSP on the above page but I checked the manufacturers own site and yes it does seem Amcrest do support RTSP.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Replying to Chelsea_Ring

Any movement on this?  The idea of even opening it jus to subscribers would be acceptable at this point. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Moonzi. No updates at this time on if and when RTSP protocols for Ring devices will be allowed. I apologize that I have no updates, but it is still not a feature we allow with the Ring devices. If we do allow this in the future, I will make sure to update this thread here, as it is our "master thread" per say of our neighbors that want this integration. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is unfortunate, there are a lot of features I do like with Ring but unfortunately with my home automation project I have realized that the lack of RTSP with ring products I cannot fully tie them in with my automation's and the other 6 cameras I just put in. It is sadly time for me to cut my losses and sell off my 3 Ring cameras, for the average non-technical person they are great but you should have some forethought and accomdations for the powerusers too and I just do not see that over the past year watching this and threads alike.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Adding my name to the displeasure here.  The lack of interoperability came forefront for me when I got rid of my Echo devices. Ring won't work with anything else.

No app for My android TV 

no way to access streams at all outside their app.

For the price this is ridiculous. 

I'll be cancelling my subscription and doing a replace and expand with another product for sure if nothing changes quickly. 100% cannot recommend this to anyone. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would be happy to pay a subscription to be able to access the RTSP stream so I could attach to my NVR.

Ring (Amazon) are missing a trick here. Users are going to other brands because you won't enable this feature. Seems quite short sighted to me!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

That Model specifically states it works with Blue Iris

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@chelsea_Ring I really think Ring needs to start communicating a release date on this feature. If Ring is not acting on these signals than competion will.