cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTSP protocol for Ring devices?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: RTSP protocol for Ring devices?

Let me be clear... my videostream contains my data and is not owned by Ring. 
So please let me also access  my data with standard protocols  if I decide to do so. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I need to share.

I have just bought and set up my first Ring device. A Doorbell Pro. £230! I even just subscribed to the Cloud service for a year. I was hoping to use it with the rest of my Smart Home ecosystem (Home Assistant), but the support (read as purposeful locking out of any 3rd part integration) has completely put me off Ring entirely.

I massively regret buying anything Ring, and like everyone else here will not recommend it to ANYONE until you include support for people to access the stream of THEIR OWN camera feeds. This is ridiculous and disappointing. To be honest, I almost want to go out of my way to warn people off of Ring.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Right now in you are in the aftermath of a storm you have no protection or access to your cameras if the internet is down which is a major reason not to s ell customers Ring devices.   If Ring wants to expand to a wider market and appeal to integrators they should include tue protocol.   

Highlighted
New Neighbor

SO, with the storm that went through MANY states and interrupted MANY services, GUESS WHAT .. NO RING!!!!

IF i had RSTP and NO internet, I COULD still monitor the vagabonds rooming my neighborhood ... BUT NO!!!! Amazon and Ring will not let me tap into the stream ... NO RTSP ...  DO NOT BUY !!! 

AGAIN ... amcrest has has doorbell that you can tap into RTSP when there's no internet.

"JUST SAYING"

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Also voting for RTSP for ring devices for Shinobi and zoneminder integration

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Everyone on this thread should upvote this idea in the feature request section. https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/RTSP-Real-Time-Streaming-Protocol/idi-p/29869

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Headline tonight:

Failure to Login and Issues loading the App and Website

RTSP NOW, enough is enough its midnight and I have to sleep with no camera alerts.... 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Voted.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Also voted
Highlighted
New Neighbor

one year later - still no news about RTSP even for subscribers. I'm so extremely dissapointed over Ring's lack of attention to the smart home community.
If I could only sell my Video Doorbell 2. Now it's just an expensive book case.