RTSP protocol for Ring devices?

@Ricke333 wrote:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amcrest-1080P-WiFi-Wired-Video-Doorbell-Camera-with-IP55-Weatherproof-2-Way-Audio-140-Degree-Wide-Angle-AD110-2/312170655?mtc=Shopping-B-F_D27E-G-D27E-27_31_CONTROL-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-CONTROL&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_D27E-G-D27E-27_31_CONTROL-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-CONTROL-71700000034238969-58700003946879296-92700050456676682&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SUgP5R-Di02ssRAWXL1wPyRmITo_nI2A14dW_FOxGx-SWLUcHP271xoCqokQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There was no mention of RTSP on the above page but I checked the manufacturers own site and yes it does seem Amcrest do support RTSP.

Replying to Chelsea_Ring

Any movement on this? The idea of even opening it jus to subscribers would be acceptable at this point.

Hey @Moonzi. No updates at this time on if and when RTSP protocols for Ring devices will be allowed. I apologize that I have no updates, but it is still not a feature we allow with the Ring devices. You’re welcome to add your feedback to our Feature Request board, as this is the best way for us to gather and share feedback with our teams. If we do allow this in the future, I will make sure to update this thread here, as it is our “master thread” per say of our neighbors that want this integration. :slight_smile:

This is unfortunate, there are a lot of features I do like with Ring but unfortunately with my home automation project I have realized that the lack of RTSP with ring products I cannot fully tie them in with my automation’s and the other 6 cameras I just put in. It is sadly time for me to cut my losses and sell off my 3 Ring cameras, for the average non-technical person they are great but you should have some forethought and accomdations for the powerusers too and I just do not see that over the past year watching this and threads alike.

5 Likes

Adding my name to the displeasure here. The lack of interoperability came forefront for me when I got rid of my Echo devices. Ring won’t work with anything else.

No app for My android TV

no way to access streams at all outside their app.

For the price this is ridiculous.

I’ll be cancelling my subscription and doing a replace and expand with another product for sure if nothing changes quickly. 100% cannot recommend this to anyone.

3 Likes

I would be happy to pay a subscription to be able to access the RTSP stream so I could attach to my NVR.

Ring (Amazon) are missing a trick here. Users are going to other brands because you won’t enable this feature. Seems quite short sighted to me!

5 Likes

That Model specifically states it works with Blue Iris

@chelsea_Ring I really think Ring needs to start communicating a release date on this feature. If Ring is not acting on these signals than competion will.

4 Likes

Let me be clear… my videostream contains my data and is not owned by Ring.
So please let me also access my data with standard protocols if I decide to do so.

1 Like

I need to share.

I have just bought and set up my first Ring device. A Doorbell Pro. £230! I even just subscribed to the Cloud service for a year. I was hoping to use it with the rest of my Smart Home ecosystem (Home Assistant), but the support (read as purposeful locking out of any 3rd part integration) has completely put me off Ring entirely.

I massively regret buying anything Ring, and like everyone else here will not recommend it to ANYONE until you include support for people to access the stream of THEIR OWN camera feeds. This is ridiculous and disappointing. To be honest, I almost want to go out of my way to warn people off of Ring.

3 Likes

Right now in you are in the aftermath of a storm you have no protection or access to your cameras if the internet is down which is a major reason not to s ell customers Ring devices. If Ring wants to expand to a wider market and appeal to integrators they should include tue protocol.

1 Like

SO, with the storm that went through MANY states and interrupted MANY services, GUESS WHAT … NO RING!!!

IF i had RSTP and NO internet, I COULD still monitor the vagabonds rooming my neighborhood … BUT NO!!! Amazon and Ring will not let me tap into the stream … NO RTSP … DO NOT BUY !!!

AGAIN … amcrest has has doorbell that you can tap into RTSP when there’s no internet.

“JUST SAYING”

2 Likes

Also voting for RTSP for ring devices for Shinobi and zoneminder integration

5 Likes

Everyone on this thread should upvote this idea in the feature request section. https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/RTSP-Real-Time-Streaming-Protocol/idi-p/29869

6 Likes

Headline tonight:

Failure to Login and Issues loading the App and Website

RTSP NOW, enough is enough its midnight and I have to sleep with no camera alerts…

2 Likes

Voted.

2 Likes

Also voted

1 Like

one year later - still no news about RTSP even for subscribers. I’m so extremely dissapointed over Ring’s lack of attention to the smart home community.
If I could only sell my Video Doorbell 2. Now it’s just an expensive book case.

1 Like

What did ya get? I’ve been eye balling an amcrest doorbell. The doorbell needs juice and I haven’t run an electrical lead. So many projects and so little time :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Doorbell-Weatherproof-Wide-Angle-AD110/dp/B07ZJS3L5Y/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=LELNL8PFRUY2&dchild=1&keywords=amcrest+doorbell+camera&qid=1600557576&sprefix=amcres%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNU8xVUVJSURJU01NJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODI4MjE5Q1o5UzA2UFNVQlBBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NDQ1MzgzRkVZSjFKOUVLTUU5JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Please add RTSP or ONVIF.

$100 for a competing product from Armcrest which offers RTSP is crazy.

1 Like