RTSP protocol for Ring devices?

Same for me. My $34. Wyze pan cams have RTSP firmware that can be loaded and provides my Blue Iris with a stream. which works exceptionally well.

5 Likes

Hey Neighbors! Thank you for your feedback on this. I will make sure to pass on the ideas to the appropriate team. In the meantime, you can learn more about the protocols and ports we do use here! Thanks for helping making our community great. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Until Ring allows RTSP so I can use my Ring with my Blue Iris software, I will NOT recommend the Ring to anyone. I will tell everyone they should buy one of the other brands of door bell cameras that allow RTSP and work with DVRs including Blue Iris software. I would not have bought my Ring 2 doorbell/camera if I knew it was so locked down and non-compatible.

13 Likes

Ive got 5 wyze cams going now with blue iris. Local internal storage! Yeah! I’ve tapped into all of them with rtsp. It’d be really cool to see who’s at the doorbell with blue iris too!!

1 Like

Have you had luck long term with Wyze and RTSP with Blue Iris? I kept having them disconnect.

The cams with the weaker wifi signal do drop there connections. I have upgraded my wifi network with a medium duty router and that helped. I then took my old linksys router and used that as an extender. That helped… I do have plans to expand my wifi network with a tp-link extender. RING/AMAZON - LET ME TAP INTO THE RSTP STREAM WITH MY SYSTEM PLEASE!!!

1 Like

Ok thanks. It’s weird mine would drop connection every couple of hours. It wasn’t the wifi signal though. I have terrific signal throughout my house. Blue Iris would have an error and wouldn’t be able to stream the wyze again until I rebooted the camera. I spoke to wyze and basically they just said their rtsp isn’t recommended and isn’t supported and I should flash back to the original firmware.

Mine have been rock solid, connection wise. what version of BI and firmware on Wyze ?

I think Ring doesn’t want to loose market share, those clients hooking up their Ring cameras to their own NVR’s and not paying Ring for their ‘cloud’ storage.

Probably the best to do is educate potential buyers of the shortcomings of Rings, sterling them somewhere else; that’s the only pressure Ring will listen to.

:wink:

6 Likes

Make the RTSP stream available for those that pay the monthly fee. Problem solved of lost revenue.

I am not buying any further Ring devices until this happens. There are too many other options out there that allow flexibility.

7 Likes

I agree. Makes zero sense. When they already don’t worry about our security. At least let us have something. I already got rid of my ring doorbell and switched to nest (since they do have an rtsp feed that can be used). I only have the security camera and security system left now.

3 Likes

same!!!

@Stoodo wrote:

Make the RTSP stream available for those that pay the monthly fee. Problem solved of lost revenue.

My thoughts exactly.

3 Likes

Agreed. In fact I’ve been advising people against Ring ever since the first (and only) Ring camera I purchased. I was in disbelief that such an expensive product – relative to generic onvif cameras – actively seek to block you from accessing your camera stream outside of their cloud. If Amazon open up RTSP I will look at purchasing further products and revisit my opinion about them, until then I will vote with my wallet… elsewhere.

5 Likes

AGREED! i will never buy a ring again.

1 Like

I might even get rid of my current Ring Doorbell and buy another brand if RTSP support isn’t added.

2 Likes

@webbson wrote:

I might even get rid of my current Ring Doorbell and buy another brand if RTSP support isn’t added.

I believe the Doorbird doorbell is one of the very few ones if only one that supports RTSP.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amcrest-1080P-WiFi-Wired-Video-Doorbell-Camera-with-IP55-Weatherproof-2-Way-Audio-140-Degree-Wide-Angle-AD110-2/312170655?mtc=Shopping-B-F_D27E-G-D27E-27_31_CONTROL-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-CONTROL&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_D27E-G-D27E-27_31_CONTROL-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-CONTROL-71700000034238969-58700003946879296-92700050456676682&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SUgP5R-Di02ssRAWXL1wPyRmITo_nI2A14dW_FOxGx-SWLUcHP271xoCqokQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

@Ricke333 wrote:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amcrest-1080P-WiFi-Wired-Video-Doorbell-Camera-with-IP55-Weatherproof-2-Way-Audio-140-Degree-Wide-Angle-AD110-2/312170655?mtc=Shopping-B-F_D27E-G-D27E-27_31_CONTROL-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-CONTROL&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_D27E-G-D27E-27_31_CONTROL-NA-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-CONTROL-71700000034238969-58700003946879296-92700050456676682&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SUgP5R-Di02ssRAWXL1wPyRmITo_nI2A14dW_FOxGx-SWLUcHP271xoCqokQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There was no mention of RTSP on the above page but I checked the manufacturers own site and yes it does seem Amcrest do support RTSP.

Replying to Chelsea_Ring

Any movement on this? The idea of even opening it jus to subscribers would be acceptable at this point.