Integrations Feature Request

This is good idea, hope they changes before we all dumping the Ring and do it on our own. Technology is out there we just need to search for it.

Hi

Please can you advise me which Ring Video Doorbell I should be purchasing. The Doorbell cannot be hardwired for power and needs to integrate into the Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator and Alexa

Thanks in advance

I don’t think Ring integrates into the Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator yet, but for Alexa sometimes it works, and Ring still needs to work on some of those issues

Hi

The Samsung smart fridge definatelly has the Ring application installed.

I’d like IFTTT enabled geofencing that can turn on the Ring Floodlight as I drive near the house. I have to have the motion sensitivity very low to stop all the busy road traffic from turning the light on all the time, but if it is me, I want it to turn on as soon as I’m getting close.

2 Likes

Sad to see that stupid Europe had limited ring video storage to 30 days, didn’t know and lost some important videos.

Now ring is part of Amazon can we look at Amazon drive integrated for permanent storage or at least starred videos.

I’d pay to increase my Amazon drive storage so extra money for the companies.

Smartthings integration, preferably direct, people are currently paying 3rd party servers to act as middle men to get the systems to talk to each other so it is definitely a sought after feature, I mainly want smartthings to be able to arm and disarm the alarm as part of routines and smart apps, as I am heavily invested into smartthings being the centre of my smart home including hue, arlo, ifttt, alexa, google assistant, sonos, harmony, plus a few other brands. I’m sure this will be the case for many other people.

I like that I can look at who is at my door by asking Alexa who is at my front door but I wish it worked like google does and just automatically show me when the door bell gets pushed. Also I would like to be able to ask Alexa to show me the other cameras I have.

1 Like

I have a Portal 10 and would like my Ring Camera Doorbells to display when the button is pushed.

Thanks,

John

I’d love to see contact sensor opening and closing triggers available on IFTTT.

1 Like

Suggestion: Increase API functionality to provide Live video access, and Real-time Ring Events such as Motion & Doorbell Ring.

Many of us have 3rd party security or home automation products or services that we wish to use alongside our Ring products. Home Assistant is an example of an excellent, open source product that integrates very well already with many products, including Ring. Sadly, because of the lack of API features it is not possible for them to provide access to the core product i.e. live real-time video, but only to secondary features such as the latest recording and battery levels.

I love my ring doorbell, and I would love to recommend & purchase other Ring products such as security cameras, but due to lack of API support I believe it to be more prudent to seek out products that do have integration options.

With security cameras in particular I would be stuck with Ring software as my security camera software. You can not possibly have the hubris to think Ring makes the best security NVR software; I would prefer to use my own NVR software, but I do not think this is an option, unless I am mistaken.

In my mind there could be nothing more awesome than if my Kodi-enabled TV could pop up doorbell video when someone is at the front door. But sadly, I don’t see this happening without allowing 3rd parties some kind of API access to your platform.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Ring and Fire are both Amazon owned devices, right? Can we get notification and option to answer/view Ring alerts from our Fire TVs?

I installed the Retrofit Kit today and was able to successfully wire my hardwired motion detector into a zone. The app recognizes the connection however there is no option in the settings for motion. The choices ( Primary Door, Secondary and Window Sensor will not accurately depict its status. To test the motion sensor, i set it up as a window sensor. I was able to trigger the detection with motion (open) and once I cleared the room, the sensor shows closed. Can there be a feature specific to motion for the hardwired zone??

2 Likes

I agree!!! Maybe they can come up with a speaker like the Echo Flex !! Plug it in wherever we need additional sound coverage to hear the chimes.

Suggesting Ring integrate with iphone or apple store such that iphone users can create shortcuts (via Apple shortcuts app).

It would make it tremendously easy for a ring user to set mode as ‘away’ instead of having to do it manually each and everytime they leave their home.

Would love to see ring intergrate with Lifmaster MyQ so we can open garages and gates from the ring app.

1 Like

I just spoke with Samsumg about the Spotlight Cam Wired. They said that Version 2 is not compatible with Smartthings nor did they have any information on when or IF that would happen.

I purchased the Ring Spotlight Cam Wired because it is listed as a compatible device with Smartthings. Please make that a true statement and not just false advertising!

Upvote this post if you have the same problem!

I assume that the following have the same issue:

Floodlight Cam

Spotlight Cam Mount

Stick Up Cam Battery

Thanks,

Chris

I don’t need or want the Cam lights to come on when I’m home. It would be nice to have a way to disable the motion sensing when I have the front door unlocked.

More generally:

Event triggers that would turn off the lights.

Event triggers that would turn off motion detection.

In my case the front door is unlocked when I’m home, so door unlocked would be an adequate trigger. Others might want to lock the front door. In that case the trigger might be the presence of users phones in the house. Or a button in the app that disables the lights and or motion detection.

Thanks,

Chris

I recently installed a Ring Alarm system and was hoping someone had an automation to trigger additional alarm status indicators.
With a large family and multiple entires it would be nice to now the status of the alarm to prevent false alarms.

I currently have multiple echos and hue lights.

Really wish the door sensors had a light feature.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I just added a Leviton z-wave dimmer to my ring system (which is awesome btw!). I would love for the dimmer to toggle on when the front door opens or when the front door lock unlocks (schlage z-wave integrated into ring) - basically turning on lights when I open the door. Cant seem to figure this out. IFFFT seems limited in that I cant see any devices besides a few ring cameras and nothing on ‘Actions’. Any suggestions? I’m new to IFFFT so I could be doing it wrong…