Open Source ring API

I chose Ring over Nest because it’s not a completely closed system and integrations are possible, IFTTT, Simplecommands, …

I’m a diy enthousiast however and I like to take control over my home automation as much as possible.

To my knowledge there are no (properly) working open source integrations with ring available however.

Is there a chance that ring will ever open their api to the diy community and allow integrations with openhab, home assistant, node red, etc…

Hi @verjjj. At this time, we don’t have any specific dates as to when this may be available. Be sure to follow our News and Announcements board to stay up to date with RIng. Also, we have a Feature Request Board where you can submit ideas that you think could benefit how your Ring products work!

When are you going to open up you API so I store “my data” on my home NAS Cloud Service or any cloud service that I choose? You current practice is restrictive and unfair forcing us to pay for your service that is not made clear when I purchased. I want to record the images but not on you Cloud.