Live view stopped working with latest samsung update

After the recent Samsung family hub software version (TIZEN 4.0), my ring doorbell camera view stopped working. The ring app version on the family hub is up-to-date (4.1.12)

I am seeing the following message “Video streaming is not available due to the network problem” (attached screenshot)

What I tried:

1.) Made sure that the doorbell and the family hub connected to the same network

2.) Deleted app’s cache and logged into the app

PS 1: I am able to see the live stream of the doorbell camera from the mobile app.

PS 2: I am able to see live stream of other stick cameras that I have without any problem from the family hub

Thanks for your help

-Rama

2 Likes

I have the same exact issue same error message, I can still see the other camera the problem is only with the doorbell with that error message “Video streaming is not available due to the network problem” and I’m 100% sure is not a network issue, already sign out/in and clear cache

Add one more to the list, same problem, same message. I can see video from the event history replay but no live view.

Same here. All other cams are working fine. I can sometimes view my history, but mostly I get the same issue. All other platforms are working flawless. Even did a complete reset of the Samsung Hub and that didn’t work either. So must be a software issue… It was such a handy feature.

1 Like

apparently nobody from Samsung or Ring cares

1 Like

Same issue here. This was really the only feature I used daily. Very convenient to have the fridge ring and show who’s at the door. Kinda pointless having a smart fridge now.

Is there a way to rollback updates? Nothing from ring or samsung?

I think maybe it’s an update of the Ring doorbell (Pro), because I noticed at one point my doorbell indicator was circling blue and lost connection. I had to reconnect it and everything worked again, except for the Family Hub. Though I had an internal issue. I’m surprised there is almost nothing to be found on the internet. Are we just a few…?

Hi Neighbors! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the Live View. We have a great Community article with some tips and tricks for getting your Live View up and running again! Some other tips and tricks are to reboot your internet router, remove your Ring app- reboot your phone- reinstall the ring app, and clear the cache and cookies for your Ring app.

If this is still a concern after trying those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks, @Tom_Ring / @Admin for the response.

Checked as per the article and similar posts on the community portal. This is what I did so far:

1. Checked door bell’s signal strength is RSSI -36 ( think this is a good strength)

2. Did reset Samsung family hub to factory setting

3. Logged into Ring app on the family hub

Still see the same issue.

And I reached out to Ring’s support team over the phone. CSR could not help me and she wanted me to check with Samsung customer support. I would imagine what would be the response from Samsung’s support team (if I am able to talk to someone), since it’s not their app they could not help.

As I posted earlier, the Uninstall button for the Ring app is disabled. Any way that I can remove that and reinstall the app?

Thanks again for your help.

I just purchased the Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator couple days ago and tried to setup the ring doorbell pro in the hub and I got the same message Streaming is not available due to network problem…please help. Thanks

Live view still does not work on samsung hub refrigerator, works every where else. Also ALL other apps work on refrigerator fine.

Ring basically sucks, customer service is a joke, it rarely picks up motion, etc, etc, etc…

Willing to bet NOBODY from ring replies to this thread

It’s probably not Rings fault but Samsung. They provide the ring app on the fridge. I suggest you write your posts and complaints on the designated Samsung forum. They did do an update revently, but didn’t solve the issue sadly. Let’s hope the don’t take to long for the next update to come out.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Live-view-stopped-working-with-latest-Samsung-update/td-p/1453269/page/3

Hi All,

I am having the same issue. Live view was working fine on my family hub but then all of a sudden it stopped. Tried all the basic troubleshooting steps discussed in the Family Hub blog, but no luck. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Error " Video Streaming not available due to the network issue".

If someone rings the doorbell, the family hub screen automatically DOES NOT pull up the video like it used to.

Looks like latest software update fixes issue. Ring app 4.1.24

1 Like

Hi @olasco2k. Thanks for sharing this info!! :smiley:

I’m on the latest Family Hub software version (TIZEN 4.0) and Ring app (4.1.24) but doorbell calls still do not show up. Very frustrating to have a useful working feature broken by software updates.

I got an update from the Samsung Family Hub team:

Upon investigating from our end, the Ring issue is caused by the Ring Company’s Server. As the Ring server engineers are inspecting this issue and they will improve their server ASAP.

Once a fix is available, the Ring app will be updated.

1 Like

For weeks I have been trying to figure this out. I thought it had to do with my firewalls. My wife wants to shoot me. Good to know I am not the only one having this issue. But I agree it worked well for a while and for it to stop just sucks. The world of technology wins again.

I too am having issues with the same error message occurring with my Ring app installed on my Samsung Hub Refrigerator. No live video.

Having gone through the app, clearing the cache etc etc nothing seems to fix this issue. Clearly this has to be a Tizen related issue based on the latest update as it was working fine prior to the update. ?

Add me to the list. Exact same issue and error message. All other devices on our wifi are working as they should. I can also get the live view on all other devices, except for our Family Hub.