Integrations Feature Request

Suggestion: Increase API functionality to provide Live video access, and Real-time Ring Events such as Motion & Doorbell Ring.

Many of us have 3rd party security or home automation products or services that we wish to use alongside our Ring products. Home Assistant is an example of an excellent, open source product that integrates very well already with many products, including Ring. Sadly, because of the lack of API features it is not possible for them to provide access to the core product i.e. live real-time video, but only to secondary features such as the latest recording and battery levels.

I love my ring doorbell, and I would love to recommend & purchase other Ring products such as security cameras, but due to lack of API support I believe it to be more prudent to seek out products that do have integration options.

With security cameras in particular I would be stuck with Ring software as my security camera software. You can not possibly have the hubris to think Ring makes the best security NVR software; I would prefer to use my own NVR software, but I do not think this is an option, unless I am mistaken.

In my mind there could be nothing more awesome than if my Kodi-enabled TV could pop up doorbell video when someone is at the front door. But sadly, I don’t see this happening without allowing 3rd parties some kind of API access to your platform.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like