Integrations Feature Request

integration with nest hub please.

1 Like

Integrate the interior camera with the base unit. I.e., I should not have to install a motion detector wherever I have a camera if I want violation of space to sound the alarm. I mean, I mean, how come a camera with built in motion detector can have the base unit send me a notification, but cannot have the base station sound its alarm and contact the monitoring company ??? Further, why can’t the camera trigger turning on a lamp ???

2 Likes

Concerning doorbell integration with Alexa, I have multiple Echo speaker devices throughout our home, some of them even located in the same room (FireTV Cube and an Echo show for instance). When I enable notifications for a press or motion detection to be broadcast, it comes through on all of my devices simultaneously. I would love to be able to designate the notifications to only go on specified devices or a device group. I happen to have devices tied to my account at different physical locations as well and it’s inconvenient to have them alert as well.

I’ve worked around this a bit by creating routines for each speaker/show device that I want to alert based on the but that reduces some of the feature capability and isn’t as simple as being able to simply select a specific device or device group. This would also be useful for security systems.

1. Apple Home Kit Integration - its been promised for years. Allowing me to control the alarm through my apple ecosystem is not going to jeopardize Amazon’s grip on everything. I’m still going to pay my yearly subscritpion for everything, I just want a single pane of glass to control everything.
  2. A keypad that doesn’t look like a children’s toy from the 1980s. I want a touch panel (see above request for home kit) that I can use to interact with the alarm.
  3. The ability to change the entry delay tones (the sounds played when a door marked as entry delay). The current tone is obnoxious and doesn’t evoke a sense of urgency to get to the panel and turn it off or therefor, ward off an intruder when a door is breached.
  4. Additional integrations with Apple TV that would bring up the door bell when someone presses the button and allow me to see on my TV who is at the door and interact with the person.
  5. True Multi-factor support vs. SMS. A security company should not be using a known weak method of MFA.

Maybe it’s time to dumb Ring and find the other product

My house was wired with a GE Security system when it was built. I finally migrated over to Ring and I just got the Retrofit connected to all existing sensors. It would be nice to also use the existing Siren (which is flushed against the wall at a central location).

How about the ability for one of the zone on the Retrofit drive an exisiting Siren?

Thank you for considering.

-D

2 Likes

Hello,

Currently have Alexa routing to announce when front door is open.

The base station is in the attic, central to the house for best wireless coverage. I cannot hear any tone from it.

When I come home to an Armed state, would like Alexa to announce system is Armed (so i know to go Disarm). I just migrated over from a GE Security system which played a tone during entry period so we know/remember to go Disarm.

Thank you for considering.

-D

1 Like

I like the idea of the dashboard showing me each device that has been connected. If would be great if that could be expanded to only allow registered devices to connect.
I realize if someone hacked your password they could register their device, but at least there would be a log, and a notification of a new registration.
This would a go a long way towards reducing the hacks that are currently in the press. I too wonder if some of the reports are from a competitor, this is big business, and the news loves to sensationalize . Sort of like reviews, good ones written by employees and bad written by the competition.
I worked for a fortune 500 company in IT security, we would routinely run password crackers against the windows password database and send reports to the users with weak passwords. It was amazing how many people used very simple passwords, especially the executives.

1 Like

Marley thanks for creating this post!

I want to setup audible alerts in my smarthome and I am using ring and smartthings. I have ring already integrated to smartthings which works beutifully. What just hit me was that it would be fantastic if the ring chimes (I have a few already) could also be integrated into the smartthings setup!

If you could use them as an audible alarm for any event in smartthings this would be incredibly powerful!

At the moment there are very few alarm like devices for smartthings. I think this would really add value to the chimes and be an extra reason why people might want to invest in them if they knew they could get all this extra benefit out of them.

August Smart Lock integration!

August Smart Lock Pro in particular. The August locks are the only practical solution for smart security in apartments, as they do not require changing the entire lockset (and the landlord’s key).

If a formal integration isn’t going to be built, at least fix the Z-Wave pairing - which doesn’t seem to work right.

@Jaegermeiste wrote:

August Smart Lock integration!

August Smart Lock Pro in particular. The August locks are the only practical solution for smart security in apartments, as they do not require changing the entire lockset (and the landlord’s key).

If a formal integration isn’t going to be built, at least fix the Z-Wave pairing - which doesn’t seem to work right.

I think I now know why this hasn’t happened and may not. The new August locks coming out in a few months will be almost half their size, no hub needed and will not use Z wave at all… Hopefully, they will make it work someway, but Z wave won’t be one.

Hello, I am able to Add a LeakGopher Water Shutoff valve to the Ring Alarm. It was ID’ed by Ring as a Binary Switch and I can operate the valve via the Ring App.

Wondering if further integration is possible where I can link the water sensor trigger to the shutoff Valve?

Do you have Alexa? If so you might be able do something via Alexa routines.
As an example I created a routine that upon entering my garage the door sensor activated an Alexa enabled outlet that have a light plugged into it.
I also took an Alexa enabled outlet and plugged in a USB power source, that is connected to a small low voltage relay. The contacts of the relay go to my wall mount garage door opener. Then from an Alexa routine I can open the garage door via a voice command. Then to close it I can repeat the command. I have a ring door sensor on the garage door thus I can determine what state the door is in ( open vs closed). Amazon sells devices to do this but you have to use China made software to control them, I prefer to trust alexa over third party software.

Can you integrate jam / jamming detection for Ring Alarm System similar to the feature that SimpliSafe and Nest Guard have. Thank you!

All I want is local access to the ring device.

Local access to the camera, motion sensor and button sensor. Having to connect to a cloud service is ridiculous when the device is connected locally. It’s like having a cow, packaging the milk and selling it to the supermarket only to then go to the supermarker to buy a carton of milk.

I’ve ordered parts to turn a rasberry pi into a doorbell camera with the same features as the Ring except with local access. I’ll be dumping the Ring in the trash as soon as I get it up and running.

2 Likes

Ring Team,

The WWR integration of smart locks into Ring was great… love disarming my system by entering the code just once. But to get this feature, I had to give up some features that other smart hubs provided for my locks.

• Auto-Lock - Using the door sensors, setup a “lock door after X minutes of being closed but not locked”. Please allow me to do this either 24/7, only when the alarm is set, or a schedule that I create. Each door should have its own independent settings (ie Front door always locks, back door auto-locks only when alarm is armed)
  • Unlocked notification - If you arm the system, and after X minutes of arming the system a door is found to be unlocked, send a push notification. Cannot tell you how many times I’ve come home to unlocked doors.

Please and thank you for all your work!

1 Like

This is good idea, hope they changes before we all dumping the Ring and do it on our own. Technology is out there we just need to search for it.

Hi

Please can you advise me which Ring Video Doorbell I should be purchasing. The Doorbell cannot be hardwired for power and needs to integrate into the Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator and Alexa

Thanks in advance

I don’t think Ring integrates into the Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator yet, but for Alexa sometimes it works, and Ring still needs to work on some of those issues

Hi

The Samsung smart fridge definatelly has the Ring application installed.