Integrate GE Zwave switch 45609 with Ring

I have a GE Wireless lighting switch, model 45609, which is Z wave. Is there a way to use it with my Ring alarm system?

Hi @Gigabike! It does not look like this device is compatible. Check out our Works With Ring Compatible devices list to see which switches are compatible. You can still attempt to use what you have, but at this time it is not intended to work as others might be. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok. Will give it a try.

1 Like

So Far Ring Devices have performed quite well… but re: “Works with Ring - Compatible Device List” is a Joke… I’ve managed to easily link a “Compatible” Z-Wave Dimmer plug adapter and easily link a no-name Z-wave Dimmer plug with the same results… a Terrible experience… That (once set-up and added to the Ring App) you can go 3 layers deep in what otherwise a pretty nice Ring App to get to what is basically the device list and settings of that device to turn on and off and yes Dim the device is ridiculous… This is not compatability. No useful interface, no timmed functions, no real functionality at all. Also depending on where you read (the info clarity is terrible with some Ring Devices) some say you need the Ring Bridge to control z-wave devices - this is not true. Ring needs to get its act together and improve the App, and functionality of the Ring Alarm Hub to actually provide full control of “Works with Ring - Compatible Devics” dimmers and switches and other devices, or not advertise that they are compatible at all.