How to Integrate Ringdoor Bell With LG TV

I’ll have the same question, can you integrate RING products with LG IoT even withouth having Alexa installed?

2 Likes

I’m having a similar issue.
When I say “Alexa show me the front door on living room tv” it starts to as in it says front door in the bottom left is a black screen that has “loading” in the centre.
It however never actually loads anything!

Any ideas anyone?

3 Likes

I have the same issue. I run “Alexa, show me the front door.” Alexa says “Ok.” “Front door,” shows up on the screen but nothing ever come up. Am I missing something?

2 Likes

Hey neighbors! If you’re having troubles with your Ring device not pulling up the Live View on your Alexa supported device, please check out our Community post here for more troubleshooting tips and tricks. In addition, if this fails, since this is through the Amazon Alexa integration, if your Ring app works with the Live View and the Amazon Alexa side of things will not, it’s best to reach out to their support team!

Brand new LG 65inch 7300 series and went through the process of linking my ring cameras to my account now just says loading…

I was told that when you set up your ring door bell pro correctly, when someone hits the doorbell it will automatically show the live view on the tv. Big let down to ring for not having customer service people that know how to address this problem

1 Like

This is a poor response just directing to some general troubleshooting page. It just DOESN’T work with the built in Alexa on LG TV’s or LG TV’s built in browser - at the moment you have to buy the stand-alone Alexa (why?) or the Echo Show. I really don’t understand why Ring and LG can’t work on this together for your user base and come up with some answers that actually help people.

1 Like

I’ve the same issue, if it can work with for TV stick, certainly there shouldn’t be any physical limitation to get this to work on LG TV. Big let down there.

2 Likes

Mine does this too. I bought a 55” OLED LG from Costco this year with Alexa built in. It will not display either the blink or ring cameras, it’s stops at LOADING. So it knows the cameras, but can’t show video. My mom bought the same tv but 65” and hers works perfectly. That LOADING screen shows for maybe a second and then shows the video. I think it’s TV software related because it won’t show blink or ring.

1 Like

@ Admin Are we any closer to an answer reference a Ring doorbell app on LG TVs?? This is ridiculous… !

1 Like

Hello! I share your frustration no real solutions for LG referred back to Ring and they are zero help. I even raeched out to Alexa - no dice. I have the 2019 LG 65 inch with Alexa integrated. I noted your mom I beleive, has te 65" LG and was able to get hers rind to work on TV. Would you mind replying with the set up steps I should be doing, with alittle luck maybe with your help I can get it to work. Wish I could do the same for you, realize it’s a big request, but sure would apprecaite youe help. Have a wonderful day! :wink:

Hello! I share yor frustration!!! I too have the lG 2019 65" with A;exa integrated.

Cannot get ring to load, tried fro help with lG, Ring and even Amanzon alexa - getting nowhere! Any Ring neighbor that has been able to integrate your Ring to LG so many would really be in your debt if you could kindly provide step by step insyructions or your tips and tricks to get ring to load to LG. Best to all!!!:wink:

Hi neighbors! If the previous suggestions offered by the other moderators in this thread are not helpful, it may be best for you to reach out to Alexa’s support team directly. Since this is through the Amazon Alexa integration, if your Ring app works with the Live View and the Amazon Alexa side of things will not, their support team will be able to take a closer look at this for you.

Having the same exact issue, and I have 7 ring cameras!

I concur with the need to integrate RIng and LG.

Same issue here with my lg cx 2020 model snd doorbell pro… very frustrating

Does anyone have a problem with the LG TV turning on when the Ring doorbell chimes? I also have a Firestick connected to the TV.

1 Like

Yes I was having the same problem, it is the fire stick that is causing the tv to turn on when the ring doorbell is activated, and I fixed it by doing this:

With the Fire Stick remote Go to The setting on the Fire TV to enable / disable the TV being switched on automatically can be found here:

Settings -> Display & Sounds -> HDMI CEC Device Control

Set it to ON to auto switch on the TV, or OFF to not.
Set it to off. That solved the problem for me.

1 Like

Hi,
Anyone know how to integrate LG TV with Rig to show video from front door

1 Like

Works absolutely fine on my LG C9 55" OLED. Just signed into the Alexa app on the TV, held down the Amazon button and ask to show the (insert name) camera and it appears, filling the screen. The only thing I’ve found is that after approx 30 secs it flicks back to whatever HDMI you’d been watching previously. I can’t keep it on the screen as a large monitor

4 Likes

You are a scholar and a saint. Have wanted to know how to do this for 2 years

1 Like