Door sensor status in Alexa routine?

I have been using Ring system (video doorbell, 3 cameras, and lots of door sensors) for about a year and quite satisfied. Recently I decided to add another door sensors on my garage doors since sometimes I forget to close them at night. What I thought was if the door sensor status is open at a certain point of time (e.g., at 10 PM when I usually go to bed), Alexa can say the door is open.

I attached sensors to the garage doors and tried to create a routine in Alexa app, but failed to achieve what I was looking for. The only thing I could do was when the door actually opens (or closes) in a certain time period, Alexa can say a message or (do other action).

But I believe it would be wonderful if Alexa can check the status of the Ring door sensor and notify it. Is there any way I can set things to do so? Am I missing something?

Hi @kfam! There is a variety of skills or routines you can use with Alexa and Ring. Specifically for routines, it sounds like your desired functionality is not available at this time. Check out our help center article regarding routines, which mentions sensors and motion detectors, for the best steps on creating a routine. Our neighbors often share their use cases and diy integration solutions, so feel free to check around the Community for any recommendations that might help you further.

Feel free to also add any requests for integrations or features, in our Feature Request Board. :slight_smile: