Dome Water Shut-Off Valve

Are there any plans to integrate the Dome Water Shut-Off Valve? It works with many Z-Wave Hubs but not Ring.

6 Likes

Not at this time, but we will share your feedback with the team!

6 Likes

That would be a good idea, when ever you arm the system in away mode auto shutoff the water. Most damage to empty houses is from burst water lines. I always manually shut off my water when gone for more than the day, but it would be nice to have that happen automatically when I arm the alarm as away. Very good idea!

EDIT >> never mind. After looking, I see the Dome valve is an indoor unit, my water shutoff is outside.

1 Like

Ring MUST integrate the Dome shut off valve in to their system. This valve is $74 at Amazon. Using Ring water detectors, or those from Dome, and existing Z-wave technology for both, it makes incredible sense to add this feature. What an amazing system rather than adding a separate z-wave hub and application for the same result.

Keep it ALL RING! you steady integrate Dome Sirens… please save me from another piece of hardware and another app to configure!!!

8 Likes

Ring, please integrate this soon! We had a big water leak in our finished basement 2 weeks ago. We are definitely going to put in some system, and I’d rather it be on the Ring platform rather that putting in a parallel platform. What’s the plan?

Thanks,

Don

8 Likes

Any update?

4 Likes

Please, pretty please incorporate the dome water shut off valve with the ring alarm system! This has to be a relatively simple matter. And it would be a great benefit to ring users and a fantastic selling point for the ring system.

4 Likes

Thank you for this feedback, neighbors! We’ve added anew Feature Request board in the Community for all neighbors to use. Feel free to add this and any other feature requests there, as we will regularly share them with our teams here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still waiting for this one.

There’s not much benefit to selling the leak sensors if you can’t remotely turn off your water. Please Ring, move forward with a water main control like the Dome water main control.

I had ADT security with their water sensors and no shut-off capability.

I now have Ring water sensors and a wireless shutoff I control with Alexa. I could use IFTTT to connect these 2 systems but I’m content with pressing a button in Alexa to turn that valve when/if Ring calls me.

I see this integration down the road with Ring, but meanwhile do this now. It’s one of the biggest values Ring provides.

Any update on plans to integrate the Dome Water Shut-Off Valve?

This has been out here for some time. Good idea needs to happen. Water damage is no fun, this would help Ring become a much better all around protection system for your home.

I have Dome Shut off with wave Plus. Not sure why this will not work with my Ring hub. Also I have Eero WiFi Router that is compatible with items. Amazon owns you both. I pay for Ring Security. Please integrate with all sensors and locks. I need my water to Dome shut off when I get more Ring water sensors.

Hi neighbors, the Zooz Titan Water Valve Actuator now works with Ring Alarm! It can now be connected to a Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro Base Station and used to shut off your main water supply from the Ring app.

Additionally, when a water leak, freezing temperature or both are detected at your location by your Ring Flood & Freeze Sensor, you can have Auto Close (Ring Protect Basic subscription required) close the valve for you, giving you peace of mind whether you’re at home or you’re away.

You can get a full rundown on setting up a Zooz Titan Water Valve Actuator and the Auto Close feature and more in our Help Center article .

Learn more about Works With Ring devices to enhance your Ring of Security.