cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August lock integration

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

August lock integration

I have my 3rd gen August pro unofficially connected as a manual zwave lock if anyone is trying to connect yours.

It works sometimes, usually it says it’s unlocked when it’s locked and then it won’t work for a while. 

Im curious if there are plans for official August lock integration?

60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: August lock integration

Hi @TechGuy42,  I have informed the team here of your interest in an August Lock integration. I currently do not have any updates but if any other neighbors are also interested in this specific integration, please reply to this thread to let us know. We will continue to update you with more information as it comes in!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

As an owner of both an August lock and a Ring Door View Cam I am also very interested!  =)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would love it too!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Please implement this integration
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I find it odd that you're looking for our support to have the integration added when Ring has already announced that August integration will be coming later this year - see https://www.techhive.com/article/3330691/ring-alarm-expands-with-new-sensors-smart-lock-support.html.  Although, I'm extremely skeptical considering Ring's promise of HomeKit support that's gone unfofilled to this day. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

What’s your point? It’s announced but not implemented. I’d like to have it implemented.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Sorry Nds, my reply was directed to Riley_Ring.  I clicked reply on their post expecting it to be quoted.  I see that I need to click the Quote button to have it added.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Got it. Great point. Ring should follow through on its promises.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Any update on August Lock Pro integration with Ring? I also have August locks and would like to be able to add them to my Ring system.