August lock integration

It is supported, in a backwards half-baked way, that really isn’t support of August at all, but of the SL/Assure lock itself. You need to add a Green Z-Wave module to August/Yale locks, like 226, 446, 256, etc. This allows addition to Ring, however, it also means giving up magnetic door closure confirmation & all function via the August or Yale Connect modules & hub, which also means no more using Yale or August Connect apps. It is very insincere, Ring’s claimed support. We can only hope they actually give a crap about consumers and the Amazon sticks to it’s stated intent to provide common language and integration between Amazon. Google & iOS home automation products and systems. I sincerely doubt it. I mean, Amazon hawks their Blink cameras, which work way better than Ring for motion, which mostly gets you pics and video of people walking away from doorbells and cameras. Amazon owns both, has for some time, but of course Amazon’s Blink modules cannot be added to Amazon’s Ring system. Amazon just doesn’t seem to care about integration, even within their own brands, so I wouldn’t hold out for actual true options.

2 Likes