August lock integration

Yes. Please integrate August with ring. It would make so much easier to be able to disarm ring when august is unlocked

@Riley_Ring wrote:

Hi @TechGuy42, I have informed the team here of your interest in an August Lock integration. I currently do not have any updates but if any other neighbors are also interested in this specific integration, please reply to this thread to let us know. We will continue to update you with more information as it comes in!

You already announced future integration almost a year ago. Can someone from Ring/Amazon give us a clear indication on when this will be delivered? Looking at expanding beyond the doorbell in the Ring ecosystem but this would be a nice add-in but won’t commit without a clear date.

I’m also interested in the August lock integration.

Another user who wants August integration with Ring Alarm. Please share an update!

@Riley_Ring there’s a bunch of people in the thread that are interested in August Lock Integration. What else is it going to take to get Ring to let us know if this is going to happen or not? If it’s not going to happen, just let everyone know so we can move on.

2 Likes

@Riley_Ring

We are all intersted! And I am sure there many others interested as well.

TechGuy42 06-24-2019
Invictus88 ‎ 07-02-2019
y2k1258 ‎ 07-10-2019
Nds ‎ 07-23-2019
bisk ‎ 08-01-2019
Jordan44 10-15-2019
strells 10-15-2019
MonteH 10-16-2019
Jnick 10-22-2019
wakanda 10-28-2019
Eagle328 10-29-2019
JerryP 10-31-2019
Joj04 11-18-2019
aaronyw 11-27-2019
Ejusted 11-30-2019
RichieSullivan 12-02-2019
MEng314 12-06-2019
Clturk 12-10-2019
gpn005 12-28-2019
Jbullock1 12-30-2019

2 Likes

Hey neighbors! Thank you for continuing to show interest in this feature, and rest assured we are making note of it and sharing the requests with our team.

@dmoses1969 I appreciate you advocating for our neighbors! Once more information is received we will definitely keep you all up to date. At this time, the answer remains the same that it is not a supported lock.

Keep an eye on our Work With Ring compatible smart locks list, as well as our Ring.com/announcements page for any future releases. As always, feel free to share any additional feature requests in our numerous Feature Request threads, around the Community. :slight_smile:

Ring,

This integration was announced by August, which infers something was being worked on with you, which is why everyone is upset there is no clear direction. The lack of a clear path to this feature makes people hesitate to invest in your ecosystem. Also, none of your current locks are able to be retrofitted on deadbolts which is helpful when you are renting and need a temporary solution you can bring with you.

1 Like

One of the reasons why I picked up my ring alarm was for the promise of August integration…

@gpn005 wrote:

@Riley_Ring wrote:

Hi @TechGuy42, I have informed the team here of your interest in an August Lock integration. I currently do not have any updates but if any other neighbors are also interested in this specific integration, please reply to this thread to let us know. We will continue to update you with more information as it comes in!

You already announced future integration almost a year ago. Can someone from Ring/Amazon give us a clear indication on when this will be delivered? Looking at expanding beyond the doorbell in the Ring ecosystem but this would be a nice add-in but won’t commit without a clear date.

Homekit integration was announced over 3 years ago… :robotsad:

Please add me to the list of individuals who purchased Ring because Of the announced integration with August Lock and are still waiting for this to be implemented.

I’d like to reiterate that this integration is important, and Ring should follow through with the integrations it previously announced.

Add me to the list of frustrated August lock owners with a year of stale announcement under my belt. I also asked the same question of August CS, and their reply was just as vague. “We are still working on it, with no ETA”…

Hello
I would love to have option to disarm and arm my alarm with 6 of my locks !
It be expensive now for me to swap all of them after ring promises long time ago !
I was able add my locks but there is no option to arm and disarm with Ring app
I’m assuming they have challenge to add this options since keypad on August lock is connected wirelessly ?

I’m also interested and purchased the Alarm because it was suppose to work with August Pro

1 Like

Can someone from Ring explain why you don’t have integration with one of the most popular smart locks on the market and probably the most popular retrofit locks? Can you explain why you continue to ignore everyone’s ask for this feature? I don’t understand the generic “we’ll pass on your ask to the product team” when you apparently had already previously started to work on a solution with August and it was announced. Use your Amazon Billions to do something helpful for your customers or risk losing them for another solution. Please someone respond with something productive here. Would be great if it comes out when the new lock launches later this year.

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting this for so long now.
I’m most likely going to get the new August lock that’s coming out but the new one will not use the hub and will also not use Z Wave. Might be the reason Ring is not doing anything for now.

2 Likes

It is supported, in a backwards half-baked way, that really isn’t support of August at all, but of the SL/Assure lock itself. You need to add a Green Z-Wave module to August/Yale locks, like 226, 446, 256, etc. This allows addition to Ring, however, it also means giving up magnetic door closure confirmation & all function via the August or Yale Connect modules & hub, which also means no more using Yale or August Connect apps. It is very insincere, Ring’s claimed support. We can only hope they actually give a crap about consumers and the Amazon sticks to it’s stated intent to provide common language and integration between Amazon. Google & iOS home automation products and systems. I sincerely doubt it. I mean, Amazon hawks their Blink cameras, which work way better than Ring for motion, which mostly gets you pics and video of people walking away from doorbells and cameras. Amazon owns both, has for some time, but of course Amazon’s Blink modules cannot be added to Amazon’s Ring system. Amazon just doesn’t seem to care about integration, even within their own brands, so I wouldn’t hold out for actual true options.

2 Likes

I’m waiting almost 2 years for that ?

1 Like

Guess that’s what I get for reading the “compatibility & integration” news releases and not checking further… I thought just maybe it would be a good time to move of a mix of older Z-Wave devices, guess I figured wrong. Drives me almost as nuts as Amazon owning Blink and not integrating those cams, which in my experience, at least XT2, are superior in motion detection & fine tuning motion zones, much less false alerts.

1 Like