cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Email different than Ring Email

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Amazon Email different than Ring Email

I am trying to connect my Amazon account to my Ring account, but I have different email addresses.  Has anyone been able to override the forced use of the Ring account email address to make this connection?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Amazon Email different than Ring Email

I have the same issue.  No one at RING seems to be able to address it.  I've had my Amazon account for nearly 20 years and do not want to lose my records by changing the email address.  Ring needs to get on this.

@mml1 wrote:

I am trying to connect my Amazon account to my Ring account, but I have different email addresses.  Has anyone been able to override the forced use of the Ring account email address to make this connection?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! After checking with the appropriate teams, I was able to confirm that you should be able to link your Amazon account to your Ring account, even if the email address for your Ring account is different than the one for your Amazon account. You can learn more about how to link the accounts in our Help Center Article here. If you have any issues linking the account, let me know where in the app you get stuck at in this process and I can help further! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Not true.  When one tries to link their Amazon account to their Ring account, the password box is already populated with their Ring account password.  It cannot be overridden.   So if one's Amazon password differs from their Ring password they cannot be linked as of this email.  Seems like a simple fix by anyone with programming skills.

One of many software bugs owned by ring.

Ray Johnson