cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo detects motion from Ring Doorbell but can't show video

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Amazon Echo detects motion from Ring Doorbell but can't show video

Thanks. I've posted in the forum and am getting no support other than someone saying they've experienced the same problem. And as the person below says the same.

This does seem to be a bug with the Ring skill. Is that Ring's responsibility or with Amazon?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It looks like the skill has been updated as the Alexa is now saying that I need to enable Live View in the app. This wasn't necessary when I first purchased everything so I'm a bit puzzled as to why this is now needed.

Obviously setting Live View on will hit the doorbell battery life which is less than ideal. Particularly when it wasn't necessary to have this set earlier this year.

Any ideas?

All the best,

Mike

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @m_i_k_e! If you are looking to use the Alexa enabled device to display or automatically display live view, this feature should be enabled in the Ring app. Check out our Community post that we put together, just in case your Alexa integration is not working. This post will cover all the best steps to explore and more! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.