Alexa routines / Camera

Is it possible to have a camera shown on an Alexa Show as part of an Alexar Routine?

E.G. An event is triggered in Alexa (such as motion being detected by a non Ring sensor / button press) and it automatically show the camera?

I have a building with an old intercom and am thinking about replacing it with a single doorbell / camera and having several smart buttons. Pushing one of the buttons would display the Alexa show in the respective room.

Is that possible?

Hi @PhilAllen. You can set up your Alexa Show to automatically display the Live View with button presses, but not with motion activation at this time. You can learn more about this in our Community post here. This way, whenever someone presses the Doorbell button, your Show will pull up the Live View for you! :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for the response.

I think that you may have misunderstood my requirements a little.

I want a third party item (such as a smartthings button) to trigger the action, but the action would be the camera being displayed on the device. E.G. the same result if I said ‘Alexa, show me the front door’

Also, at present, if I have a lock integrated with my alarm system, can I unlock it on the view on the Alexa Show?

Thanks again

Phil

Hi @PhilAllen, happy to chime in for Chelsea here, and thank you for the clarification. At this time, you are not able to set up the type of routine you’re describing with a third party device or unlock the smart lock via the Live View on your Alexa Show. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created aFeature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: