Alexa control of GE switch (works with ring)

I have two GE zwave wall switches that control outside lights. I can turn them on an off manually with the Ring app but there are no scheduling options at this time. I was wondering if anyone in the community has used Alexa to set up an automation that can control these kind of GE switches through the Ring alarm base?

Hi @fredb2771! As long as the GE switches are listed as Works With Ring, there should be options available with Alexa. Of course, it looks like your switches are compatible so this should work!

As you mentioned, there are not custom scenes or scheduling within the Ring app, but Alexa Routines may be able to accomplish what you need. For example, we’ve seen neighbors use Alexa to turn on lights for specified durations, or between specified time frames, or even due to a specified action from the Alarm.

After trying these features in the Alexa app, if you are not seeing a particular option, feel free to add a request to our As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request Board. We frequently pass that feedback on to our teams! :slight_smile:

Hello, I was having the same question and saw this post. Thanks for the reply. I was able to add my GE toggle switch to Alexa (ie: I see it under devices), however when I try to add a new routine, the switch is not showing up under the “add action” tab. I would really like to have my switch turn on at night and off at dawn. Any suggstions will be greatly appreciated as I have spent hours trying to figure this out on my own.

Thanks!

Doug