cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Skill Doesn't Honor Motion Schedule

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Alexa Skill Doesn't Honor Motion Schedule

I feel like the workarounds presented here aren't sufficient. The problem is bigger. The echos should also be honoring the motion snooze. I like to snooze the motion when I'm going to be in the driveway and I know someone is taking a nap in the house. The chime and the Ring app don't alert but the echos still announce the motion.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Tried this.  It doesnt  work.  This doesnt work since the Alexa devices dont work with this suggested work around.  Ring needs to improve this Alexa skill so that we can turn off motion notification during certain hours of the day for those of us with pets.  Alexa will sound off motion where our other devices you can set a schedule.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yeah a routine in Alexa isn't a good solution because when I'm not home I still want the Ring app to chime - so I don't want to disable motion alerts in Ring.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I contacted Ring tech support and asked them to submit a ticket about this.

I suggest everyone do the same.

Highlighted
Community Manager

If you wish to have this feature, it would be better noted in the Integrations Feature Request  board. Thanks 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I found this forum looking for solution to this same problem. I was heavily invested in Echo 6 devices in a 4 story house. I added a full Ring alarm system and Doorbell solely based on the integration ability with Echo...only to find that motion alerts are terrorizing my family. I kept telling them "just snooze the doorbell" with your phone app...only to discover that Alexa doesn't care about Ring's snooze settings. When I contacted Ring support, I was told I would need to configure each Echo device motion alert separately...which I've spent 4 hours pouring through internet posts and Ring/Alexa apps and still haven't figured out how to configure each Echo device to either turn off or snooze Ring Doorbell 2 motion alerts.

Now that Amazon owns Ring: CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS? JUST MAKE THE SNOOZE SETTING GLOBAL TO INCLUDE ECHO DEVICES WOULD BE HUGE

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Jennifer - Ring Community Manager:

So Alexa not honoring Ring settings is a 'Feature', and not a Bug?

Please ping the developers on this, it's a significant problem.

Highlighted
Community Manager

I am sending your feedback directly to the team Smiley Happy

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

I agree 100%. This has been a real pain. I turned it off so Alexa doesn't go all day. Hopefully they can address this issue.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm starting to wonder if the motion schedule is a user specific setting. I started to suspect recently that the motion snooze for the floodlight cam is just for me and not a global thing so even though I don't get alerts the chime and everyone else's phone goes nuts.