Alexa Skill Doesn't Honor Motion Schedule

Jennifer,

I haven’t figured out yet how to create start a topic in the Integrations-feature-request board, and I didn’t find it but am fairly certain that the people have already created that topic discussion. So, I will just place my initial comments here for now…

This problem is real. I hope that you understand the need by now. We have lots of echo devices in each of the bedrooms and throughout the house. They are used for alarms and announcemnts. So, setting them to do not disturb is not the answer.

The answer is for Ring’s alexa skill to allow the same functionality as the Ring app uses. Those are a motion schedule and motion snooze. At nighttime I should be able to set a schedule for the alexa devices to be quiet. And like the other user suggested, if I am in the front yard raking leaves and know that someone is in the house, they should not have to continue hearing the motion detected announcement.

Please add this as a priority ticket. Otherwise, the Alexa skill is a large nuisance and that was a big reason for our recent purchase of your product.

By the way, today is January 1st, 2020. We stayed up until midnight last night. The milkman delivered our milk on the front porch at 6am. All of the echo devices announced this…

8 Likes