Alexa Show fails to connect to Ring.com

Alexa show will not connect to ring.com about 99 times out of a hundred. If I say “Alexa, show front door” it replies with OK, proceeds to connect to ring.com then times out after about 30 seconds. Every once in a while it will connect. I’ve reinstalled all apps multiple times. My wifi signal is strong. Totally frustrating

Hey @BobSi. For the Live View functionality on the Echo Show, this feature isn’t fully supported yet. For example, if someone has just arrived at the front door, and you say, “Alexa, show the front door camera,” the Echo Show should pull up the Live View because by then you should’ve gotten an alert that someone is at your front door and the camera is already on and active. However, if the camera has been asleep because it hasn’t detected motion or the Doorbell hasn’t been rung for awhile, and you ask, “Alexa, show the front door camera,” it may not always work.

You’ve already done a great first step with removing the apps and redownloading them to ensure that you aren’t running into that causing a lag. Additionally, you can also remove the Ring skill and then redownload the Ring skill from the Alexa app. After that, if you’re still having a delay or no connection when someone is at your front door, you can also remove your Alexa device from power for awhile and then plug it back in to allow it to reboot. Hope this helps clear it up for you!

So at some point will it be fully supported and work even if it has been asleep?

@BobSi We are working on fully integrating systems like Alexa every day, and we will make sure to update neighbors when these integrations come around. We appreciate your patience in the meantime! Make sure to always keep yourself updated with our news when it comes out on places like our blog here. :smiley_cat: