Adding MyQ Garage door to Ring App

Hi ring users!
I discovered I can add my MyQ wifi garage door account to the ring app. Unfortunately, when I try to link them together it keeps sending me to the screen to link Ring and Amazon account. This is already done awhile ago and it won’t let me continue because it thinks I’m trying to redo it. Anyone else have this problem? I can’t link the MyQ garage door in the ring app.

-F

1 Like

Hi @fury88. There’s a few things you can try. First, try to unlink your Amazon account from the Ring app. Then, uninstall the Ring app, reboot your phone, and reinstall the Ring app. This will ensure that your are running on the latest version of the app and you are properly integrated. After you’ve signed into the Ring app, connect your MyQ and then your Amazon account. Let me know if this works!

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, it’s still telling me my account is already linked when it’s not.

1 Like

Hi @fury88. I thought that would work! Since this is proving to be more difficult than expected, please reach out to our support team to have them take a deeper look into this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am also having the same issue. The steps are:

1. Set up a device

2. Garage Door Openers

3. I get a MyQ page and less the begin setup icon

4. I get a page asking me first link my amazon account

5. I then enter my ring user and password

6. I then login to my Amazon account

I get a small message at the lower portion of my screen that states that the Amazon account is already linked to a ring account.

why doesn’t the Ring app just add my new MyQ device?

1 Like

When I try adding, the device is greyed out , I can see it, but cannot select it.

1 Like

Hi @Calfonso. Thanks for attaching the picture of what you are seeing on your phone. From the looks of things, you may need to select “House Garage” in order to be able to continue. Let me know if this works!

Actually, I also stated that that was greyed out and I couldn’t select it, but the solution was to turn off my Wi-Fi on my device I was using to add to Ring. Just for future reference in case someone else has this experience.

1 Like

Hey @Calfonso. Thank you for the update. I apologize for misunderstanding, it appeared that only the “Continue” button was grayed out. Nonetheless, I’m glad this was resolved. :smiley:

Hi. Could any Ring representative post the official steps to add MyQ to the Ring app ?.
I have tried the steps that @KenW post on Nov 17 (see above) and I cannot see the step # 2, there is not “Garage Door Openers” option in the “Setup a device” on my Ring app.
Maybe @Tom_Ring could provide those steps.

Thanks

5 Likes

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Hi @Hh, sadly looks like the MyQ - Ring integration is not available outside of the US It would be nice if a Ring representative could confirm this, but it looks like that’s not going to happen. I think that Ring should put a note in their Store saying that the integration is only available in US.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! I confirmed with my team that the MyQ integration is only available for our neighbors in the US at this time. We appreciate the feedback and have forwarded it to the appropriate team. :slight_smile:

Why is it not available in Canada? Is it an issue with Ring or MyQ? If Ring, what is the point in limiting functionality based on country?

3 Likes

What’s the benefit of adding MyQ to Ring?

@ccm682 Thank you for your interest in this integration for your location, we have shared this feedback with the team. Please consider making a feature request for this in our Feature Request Board.

Hi. I am in the US and I have the same issues as above in connecting myQ in my Ring App. I follow the steps:

1. Set up a device
  2. Garage Door Openers
  3. I get a MyQ page and less the begin setup icon
  4. I get a page asking me first link my amazon account
  5. I then enter my ring user and password
  6. I then login to my Amazon account

As my Amazon account is already linked I get a message as such. The process then stops and there is no way to continue to adding MyQ. I am in the US so I should be able to do connect MyQ. Can you help please?

1 Like

Hi @drumms. You can find some troubleshooting steps and more information on MyQ and Ring in our Help Center Article here. If you’re not able to get everything linked up, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I just got the phone with Ring support. They said you have to have the Ring security hub for this to work.

Hi there, neighbors! As described further in this help center article, linking your MyQ in the Ring app does not require a MyQ Hub, and can be done by following these steps:

1. Open the Ring app, tap on the menu, tap Devices, then tap Set up a device. Scroll down and tap Garage Door Openers
  2. On the “Add myQ to your Shortcuts” screen, tap Begin Setup.
  3. Follow the steps to link your Amazon and Ring accounts.
  4. Follow the steps to link your Amazon and myQ accounts.
  5. When you finish this step, you’ll have a new tile on your Ring app dashboard linking to the myQ app where you can monitor and manage your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: