Ring App Rich Notifications

Hey neighbors! As stated in this article about this new feature, this feature is currently slow rolling out. W e appreciate your patience while we work to get it to all our neighbors! New features that we release to our neighbors are on a slow rollout from time to time to ensure that all neighbors get the feature without any hiccups or loose ends. Rest assured you should recieve this in the near future.

1 Like

I have been active and outspoken about tracking this feature and promoting its release.

I am excited and pleased to report that I received the feature update a few days ago.

Nice job, Ring. Thank you for delivering on your promise and delivering this feature.

The feature is frankly game changing for your users. Instead of having to unlock the phone, navigage to the Ring app, and then view the car headlights whizzing by only to close it again…

… now we can simply look at the alert… hard-press the alert for a larger image… and see it’s just a car going by.

Fantasitc. I wanted to report back right away and let people know this feature is arriving and is impressive.

For the sake of helpfulness… I am using the folloiwng hardware:

• iPhone XS Max

• Ring App (notifications disabled)

• Rapid Ring App (notifications enabled)

• * I receive a single notification from ther Rapid Ring app, including the rich preview capability.
  • Apple Watch 4th Generation

• I receive a single notification from the Rapdi Ring app, including the rich preview capability.
  • Apple MacBook Pro 13" (2018)

• MacOS Ring App

• *I do not see rich preview alerts with the computer.

• In fairness, the MacOS Ring App does provide for popping up mini video alerts already.

Ring, thank you for working hard to deliver an assuredly-challenging feature and communicating with your users.

3 Likes

After upgrading to iOS 14.1 and upgrading the ring app I lost all notifications despite the notifications being enabled in the app. After some trial and error, uninstall/reinstall I found I had to turn off the Rich Notifications in order to get my push notifications working again. In the app there’s small text saying if the iPhone has a weak connection you won’t see the snapshots. That wasn’t the case. Wanted to share this just in case anyone was experiencing the same issue I was.

3 Likes

I’m new to the group and have looked but couldn’t find the specific answer to the question I seek. I have ring devices at 2 different locations, both set up on my phone, both with the Protect Plan. If I have my location set to one specific location will I still receive alert notifications from the other location? Thanks in advance for any help.

-Dave

Dave, I receive Rich Notifications for my account and the account I am a shared user on.

2 Likes

Hi @undy. Yes, you will receive notifications regardless of what location you have selected. When you answer a notification, it will direct you to the Ring app and open the correct location. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks Tom, appreciate the reply!

2 Likes

This feature has been on eufy doorbells since the beginning. Thanks for catching up Ring/Amazon

Glad to be here!

Really good when it worked. Now it has stopped working in my iPhone, but does work on my iPad. I get notification and picture on my Apple Watch, but just a notification with no picture on my iPhone. Very frustrating.

Update: Did a hard reset on the phone and it works now. Hazzah.

1 Like

Ring needs to figure out how to troubleshoot the duplicate notification issues many are getting on this thread: Multiple Notifications for the Same Event - #97 by gaBD

I am having this exact same frustrating issue that is really devaluing this product, especially as our family pays for the professional monitoring.

I have 1 battery powered outdoor camera, 1 outlet powered outdoor camera, 1 battery powered doorbell camera. None of these have Advanced Motion Detection enabled. I use my Apple Watch and iPhone only for alerts. I get 7-8 buzzes per notification on my Apple Watch and only a single alert on my iPhone.

I’ve tried many fixes listed on this thread, but it’s clear that the only thing to stop the multiple Watch notifications is to turn off Rich Notifications.

Today, I was trying to pick up a phone call on my Apple Watch - but I had so many duplicate notifications popping up, I missed the call. Ring has been blowing up my Watch like crazy!

2 Likes

Totally agree. This is so frustrating that this feature has been buggy for so many weeks and they haven’t reversed it or figured out a solution. There are so many people doing the bug identification and even capturing the details of what’s happening! You’d think that’d make this rise to the top of their development list…

Also in agreement with the need to fix this bug. Turning off features to get around a bug is not a good long term solution.

I agree with the last few posts - the bug with these repeat notifications is absolutely ridiculous, and needs to be fixed. Ring needs to step up and fix this issue, rather than announce this feature and then not comment when it doesn’t work properly.

Also jumping in here in the hopes that Ring will see this needs a fix. Great feature but so annoying… imagining having the doorbell go off, then your hallway one goes off just seconds after… 8 notifications for 2 cameras…

Hi there, neighbors! Many of you have shared having multiple notifications. As mentioned in Riley’s article above and our help center article about Rich Notifications, there may be times when multiple notifications are sent to ensure for the quickest delivery of an event notification. If too many notifications are happening with a smart watch in use, please note that Ring does not directly support any official smart watch integrations.

Of course, if an excessive amount of notifications are being received for one event, and does not match what is described above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Really love(d) this feature. However, within the last few weeks (coincidentally, after extending my Ring Protection Plus plan) the hard-press no longer displays the enlarged snapshot. I still get the small pic in the notification but it’s too small to determine what actually triggered the motion detection. This is on iOS. I’ve tried reinstalling the Ring app as well as turning off/on Rich notifications. Any help would be appreciated.

I think the " At this time, the Ring app does not directly support any official smart watch integrations. is a B.S. Just wiping you hands of a problem, by saying we don’t support that.

2 Likes

Hi

I am too having an issue with the iPhone app-when receiving a motion detection notification, long pressing this no longer displays a snapshot and instead a black strip across the screen is displayed. Probably a bug but could this please be fixed?

Thanks