Ring App Rich Notifications

I have been active and outspoken about tracking this feature and promoting its release.

I am excited and pleased to report that I received the feature update a few days ago.

Nice job, Ring. Thank you for delivering on your promise and delivering this feature.

The feature is frankly game changing for your users. Instead of having to unlock the phone, navigage to the Ring app, and then view the car headlights whizzing by only to close it again…

… now we can simply look at the alert… hard-press the alert for a larger image… and see it’s just a car going by.

Fantasitc. I wanted to report back right away and let people know this feature is arriving and is impressive.

For the sake of helpfulness… I am using the folloiwng hardware:

• iPhone XS Max

• Ring App (notifications disabled)

• Rapid Ring App (notifications enabled)

• * I receive a single notification from ther Rapid Ring app, including the rich preview capability.
  • Apple Watch 4th Generation

• I receive a single notification from the Rapdi Ring app, including the rich preview capability.
  • Apple MacBook Pro 13" (2018)

• MacOS Ring App

• *I do not see rich preview alerts with the computer.

• In fairness, the MacOS Ring App does provide for popping up mini video alerts already.

Ring, thank you for working hard to deliver an assuredly-challenging feature and communicating with your users.

3 Likes