How to: Update your Ring Account Email Address

How do I change my Ring account email address?

This email update feature is currently slow rolling to all Neighbors and should be fully available by mid-July 2020. We appreciate your patience while we work to bring this feature to all neighbors. Those who have this feature currently, please follow the steps below to update your email in your Ring mobile app.

• Open the main menu in the top left corner of your Ring mobile app.
  • Select Account from the main menu.
  • Tap on Email in the Personal section.
  • The app will then prompt you to enter your Ring account password. This is the same password you use to log in to the app.
  • You will then be prompted to enter a verification code that is sent to your phone or email depending on your Two-Step Verification settings.
  • Enter the verification code into the Ring app.
  • Enter your new email address into the app.
  • Re-enter your new email address into the app.
  • Tap Save, then tap Confirm.
  • After you confirm your new email address, you will automatically be logged out of the Ring app.
  • A verification email will be sent to your new email, open this email and follow the link within 24 hours to verify the new email address on your account.
  • Now you are all set to log back into the Ring app with your new email address!

Note: The ability to update your Ring account’s email address is currently only available through the Ring mobile app.

What if I am unable to get into my Ring account because I don’t have access to my old email account?

• In the event that you are not signed into your Ring account, do not have access to the email account currently on file, and have not selected to receive your Two-Step Verification codes via SMS, you will need to connect with our support team directly here. We are unable to change your email address for you via the Community, as we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum. Please note: This request may take up to 72 hours to be changed. You must contact our support team at any of the numbers available here.
4 Likes

**I am unable to change or update my email address to my account, I have tried everything mentioned and suggested so if you could please help as soon as possile it would very much appreciated. Thank you, especially for your time and help. I am unable to change or update my email address to my account, I have tried everything mentioned and suggested so if you could please help as soon as possile it would very much appreciated. Thank you, especially for your time and help. **

1 Like

I am unable to change or update my email address to my account, the section is greyed out both in my phone app and on my computer. I have tried everything mentioned and suggested so if you could please help as soon as possible as the current email address will cease to be valid in 2days time

Hi neighbors! Thank you so much for pointing this out. We jut confirmed with the team that this feature is still rolling out. We’ll be sure to make an edit to the post to let neighbors know. I’m sorry about any confusion! If you need assistance changing your email now, please reach out to our support team. You can learn how to reach out to support in our COVID-19 help article, here.

1 Like

Are you intentionally trying to frustrate your users? Your old support notice for changing the email address in the App is still up, informing people to follow and old method that doesn’t work anymore, and leading people to believe you should just be able to change it. Well, you can’t and you know that. So, after lots of googling and searching, users find out they can go to support.ring.com and get answers there. Immediately when you type in a question about changing email, you get a message stating: **Unfortunately, device troubleshooting and first time setup are temporarily unavailable in Chat. ** So, the user is faced with calling the number provided. The phone tree doesn’t even give you an option for changing email or any other general support options. So I chose a random option, only to be told there is a 20 minute wait minimum. When I get irritated enough to write a comment like this, I am more than slightly irritated. Get your support act together or your customers will go elsewhere.

4 Likes

How do we remove our email address from an account that someone set up using a random email?

Unsubscribing from your emails doesn’t close the account.

1 Like

The Ring battery sucks. What a waste of freakin money. Steer clear. Get another system that doesn’t suck.

Hi @NotRingUser. This Help Center article here will explain how to do this. You’ll first reset your password, then follow the article to delete your Ring account.

When is this due to be fully rolled out? I need to change my mail address and this is still greyed out. Based in UK

Hi there, @Herbhead! Updating your Ring account email address from your mobile Ring app is a global features. It it available to all Ring neighbors. If you have not tried, removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a great step. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device.

If you are still having difficulties with this feature, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m not the only one who was disappointed by Ring.
They just wait until those who lost access to email get tired and give up.

They only say contact support team, but I haven’t seen anyone who got helped by their support team.