Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

We are a retired couple and moved to da Berry about a year ago. Just decided to get ring due to a few incidences recently. Hopefully this will deter any further activity.

1 Like

Hi. I am a UK based Ring owner with a few years under my belt. My background it in Technology and Sevice management so I fortunately have a head start on most owners in understanding the complexities of the Ring offering and what it is and isn’t capable of.

I am more than happy to help out anyone who activity wants to solve an issue with a Ring Doorbell or Camera (I don’t have the Alarm or Lights yet). Most issues are common and easy to solve, but others will require you to connect support. Don’t be afraid to do so, as they are very helpful indeed. But even then you find you are still frustrated, and maybe you can get help from the community as we share a lot of knowledge and experience between us.

I like to solve problems, but realise that not all problems are solvable… deep eh?

7 Likes

Hi @Breed63 ! Make a post in the Neighbors app as well. Learn more, here: https://shop.ring.com/pages/neighbors

Just installed a system of cameras and learning how to use it.

Now that I am somewhat familiar with it I plan to add more.

Intrigued by what I see on the neighbor watch.

avattan18

1 Like

Howdy, I’m James C from Smyrna DE;

I’ve been a tinkerer with computers for way too many years. My house of 27 years has had X-10 and more recently Insteon control systems with some Z-Wave locks and fire alarms thrown in. About a year ago, I interfaced this all into Amazon / Alexa.

I just bought a whole-house Ring alarm system (doors & windows sensors, smoke & CO, Flood / Freeze ), so I’ll be spending the next few weekends with my house in transistion (I already have some interesting “issues” to discuss).

On a side note, I have 5 cats at home and help maintain a cat colony of 9 stray/ferel cats.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I noted that we can’t use our real names so I’ll just go by the name “Loved”. This is my first ring doorbell and ring alarm system. I’m still trying to figure out how to use it properly. So if you hear a couple of sirens going on around you, it just may be me. Lol… I know the first 7 days that you are on a practice run. Did anyone try out your siren or do we supposed to not do that? I haven’t tried mine out yet, but just by reading and watching the videos…I think I made a good choice I buying the ring. Okay, I’m go because I can talk your ears off…??..it was nice meeting all of you and have a BLESSED NIGHT?

2 Likes

Poor customer service! I joined to see how many others have seen a large reduction in the quality of ring customer support, and a huge increse in time wasted to get any issue resolved.

Also,

if anyone has left to try a different company for alarm service and what that experience has been like.

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I just purched my RING system. So far so good. I hope to find the answers I am looking for in this community to help get everything wroing with it. Have a great day everyone!!

Canadian Ring user since year dot, and member of the Ring Explorer/Testflight program. Helped with Ring App Development as an end usuer and with the the Ring Security sytem.

I persevered with the product since the early days of long and often problematic connection times, despite having very good wifi coverage throughout our home…I am pleased to see how far Ring has come and have helped many troubleshoot Ring product issues.

We have one Gen 1 Stick up cam and one Gen 2…both operating on solar, and two original Ring doorbells and a chime pro. I also use the Ring Security System. And will be adding pathlights shortly as I try that family of products.

My smart home is built on Smarthings (Samsung)…and its good to see the improved functionality there with regard to Ring doorbells and cameras being able to be viewed within the smartthings app. I bought an Alexa show for in home camera viewing, and would like to see that aspect available on Google Home :).

Best of the season to one and all…

Hi there, James (CrazyCanuck) from Toronto. New to Ring, looking forward to exploring the series of products.

2 Likes

Hello- brand new user to Ring! Excited to be a part of this community

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve wanted a ring for quite a while. We got one from our son for Christmas and he installed it this evening. Feel a lot safer.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Genie and moved here from northern Michigan in 2014. I just got my Ring installed and am very happy to be able to monitor the activity at my door. I appreciate being able to communicate with the community to get a feel for what is happening in our area as far as security.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Megan and new to Ring. I got it together and functioning but since mounting it’s not working. Going to give it another try.

I’m a spinner of yarn, a weaver, love to watercolor paint, a knitter, love gardening and feeding the creatures in nature, Mom to 3 adults and Grandma to 4!

1 Like

Are you talking about a camera or doorbell…if its the doorbell…and it works fine when off the mounting plate…make sure that the plate on the doorframe is not distorted…preventing proper contact with the doorbell. Good luck IrishM

1 Like

Hello. I’m. Rose

1 Like

Hi I’m Megan.

1 Like

Hi I’m Megan.
I got my Ring together battery charged and it worked until I mounted it. It’s not level and I didn’t add the backing plate for previous Ring devices = didn’t see it. Going to add it and cross my fingers.

2 Likes

Hi! We live on Hibiscus behind Albertsons. Just setting up our new ring door bell system and trying to figure everything out! Hope we don’t set off too many notifications in the process!

3 Likes

Happy New Years. Archiesbaby

2 Likes