Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

Hello all from Naples, FL. Just picked up a Ring Peephole doorbell and a Ring Video 3-Plus. Going to give them both a go and see which one I like better.

1 Like

Hi im new here, just trying to set up my chime pro door bell again. So as a new neighbour i am supposed to follow all the community guidelines and checklists. Experience about ring app? None. And been trying to setup this device for quite a some time now.

I’m new to the community and to ring. Appreciate any tips you may have to be a part of the community.

Welcome to the Ring Community, neighbors! @Jan_3, using the Community is as easy as being a neighbor. Check out our Community Guidelines, of course, and feel free to ask questions, post experiences, respond helpfully, and even request features around the Community.

@PeX-0, we’re here to help. Check out our help center article for instructions on setting up your Chime device. I always recommend setting up your Ring devices nearest the router for initial connection, then placing them in the desired locations after setup/ update is complete. I hope this helps, and that you both enjoy the Ring Community! :slight_smile:

My name: Ganapathy Mani.

I have installed Ring Pro, and am doing the setup.

Hey I’m new to Ring so I wanted to introduce

I’m new to Ring so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Becky and I live on Nebraska.

1 Like

NW Tucson, Arizona, USA

Just changed over to Ring and I like the ease of setup and security it gives me.

Noticed that it keeps lots of event data that seems to be Too much data!

Would like more user control of that data!

1 Like

Hello, I have had the Ring 2 for over a year . It’s been working fine however following a recent Android upgrade I do not get notifications or even doorbell rings. I am having to reinstall the Ring app on a daily basis as the notifications stop after a certain amount. Any news guys?

What type of phone do you have? If it’s an Android, what model and brand?

Hello Eagle, I have a Samsung S10E.
Since the upgrade a month or so ago I lose notifications after receiving 10 or so. My wife has an Apple and her notifications work fine.Very frustrating.

It’s a Samsung issue. The newest OS also causes issues. Make sure in the battery settings that you turn off battery optimization for Ring. That takes care of the android issue. Now the Samsung issue is that it may turn this setting on again if you reboot the phone. Sometimes you can pin it to the recent app section. This helps it stay active. I have 2 links about this but I have to get my other phone to post them. I will later.

Here’s the main article.
https://dontkillmyapp.com/samsung
Don’t bother using the app. It just shows you processes killing the apps and doesn’t fix anything. Follow the guide and it should help you. I’ll look for the other one later.

Hello,
I live in NJ. I don’t have a Ring system yet. I joined the forum to learn about the products and determine which would work best for me.

2 Likes

Hi @EllieN. Welcome to the Ring Community!

1 Like

Hi

I’m from the UK and have purchased a Ring Pro.

Not yet installed and I’m seeking a bit of advice on how to do it.

1 Like

Hi @mosaix. Welcome! Be sure to check out our UK Doorbells board!

1 Like

More is happening these days im keepining an eye out good to have community help?

5 Likes

Hello

3 Likes

HI to all

New Doorbell 3 plus

2 Likes