Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

Hi, I’m Genie and moved here from northern Michigan in 2014. I just got my Ring installed and am very happy to be able to monitor the activity at my door. I appreciate being able to communicate with the community to get a feel for what is happening in our area as far as security.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Megan and new to Ring. I got it together and functioning but since mounting it’s not working. Going to give it another try.

I’m a spinner of yarn, a weaver, love to watercolor paint, a knitter, love gardening and feeding the creatures in nature, Mom to 3 adults and Grandma to 4!

1 Like

Are you talking about a camera or doorbell…if its the doorbell…and it works fine when off the mounting plate…make sure that the plate on the doorframe is not distorted…preventing proper contact with the doorbell. Good luck IrishM

1 Like

Hello. I’m. Rose

1 Like

Hi I’m Megan.

1 Like

Hi I’m Megan.
I got my Ring together battery charged and it worked until I mounted it. It’s not level and I didn’t add the backing plate for previous Ring devices = didn’t see it. Going to add it and cross my fingers.

2 Likes

Hi! We live on Hibiscus behind Albertsons. Just setting up our new ring door bell system and trying to figure everything out! Hope we don’t set off too many notifications in the process!

3 Likes

Happy New Years. Archiesbaby

2 Likes

Hello I am Marilyn. I am a new ring user.

2 Likes

I am retired. But I teach water exercise classes. I have a dog.

2 Likes

I am Michele,

We live in north central Illinios in the country. We have special needs children and get lots of deliveries so I want to have pics of the drivers etc. We also live on a highway and sometimes people turn around in our lot so this will make me feel a little more prepared. Now I know when they arrive also. I bought the Rings on Amazon black friday along with 2 Show5’s so that we can see who is there without going to the door or windows. They work well so far. Thanks!!

2 Likes

Hello Neighbors. I’m JRR, a retired engineer who has escaped the cold NorthEast in favor of warmer weather in Florida. I’m quite new to Ring, having just installed a Ring Pro yesterday, but I have a lot of experience with mechanical and electronic things, and after a lot of research decided that Ring was the right option for me. So far it seems to be a correct judgement as my Pro is doing all I hoped do it would and nothing I hoped it wouldn’t do.

A fun fact - I got deeply into CB radio back in the days when “10-4 Good Buddy - catch you on the flip side” was actually a “thing” and actually sold and serviced radios. I was my own best customer …

2 Likes

Hey, I’m also in TO. How did you deal with the police/fire permits? I find the docs on Toronto PD site a bit odd to understand, seems we dont need one.

2 Likes

Hello, I live in Palo Alto California.
I just set this up- I need help getting ring sound to not be so loud. Can someone help?

2 Likes

@Marilyn Can you be more specific? Which device is making the loud sound?

2 Likes

Hello all, HAPPY NEW YEAR. Just installed a ring floodlight. and really enjoy seeing my driveway, and . My name is Sonia, I live in Clinton. I enjoy reading about things going on in our neighborhood.

2 Likes

I am brand new as of today, and Joey’s set up is my goal! LOL
I curently have just the front door ring bell but looking forward to having all around the house, inside and out, very soon!
Phyllis

2 Likes

Hello! I am introducing myself to the Ring Community. My name is Robin and I am glad to be a part of this community.

2 Likes

Welcome Robin!

2 Likes

Hi I’ve grown up.in volcano ,my grandparents have lived here since the 50s I moved from volcano in 1999 and returned to volcano in 2014 to find this place in a state of mayhem. I known some of these thief’s personally and dont approve of there actions lot of us have worked hard for our money for these criminals to take watvdoes not belong to them. I have names of current and active thieves in the neighborhood as well as incidents that have occurred. One person I know is totally out of control I’m sure you are aware of him .for now I’ll leave names out but upon request I will disclose information .thank you for having me as a member.

3 Likes