Update email address??

Someone please tell me there is a way to update your email address on ring.com??? Surely they must have fixed this problem by now… no?

Hi @LantanaAl! Once you’ve chosen the email to create your account with, your email cannot be changed in the Ring app. If you are needing to change your email for any reason, please reach out to our support team who will be happy to assist further. :slight_smile:

1 Like

First of all, I have not idea what kind of response that was. I came to this thread because I have to same issue and I clicked on the supposed answer to contact support which opened a chat bubble for me to ask a question. When I chose How to update email address none of the answers solved my problem so I took me to some community thread. I received my Ring doorbell for Christmas but the fact that this has turned into a hassle trying to contact somebody I’m seriously contemplating throwing the thing in the trash.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience @jeffrey1! At this time an email change is best completed with our support team, as it is not able to be done in the Ring app. Please check out our Community post about changing email for more information.

As we value our neighbors security and privacy, this change is best done by phone. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This isn’t an acceptable response. Using the link you provided opens a chat bubble that informs you that support questions can not be answered via chat, and it redirects you back to the community. Please provide an accurate response on how to change the email address, please.

Hey @artsea, happy to step in for Marley here. We did add the option to change your email address within the Ring App, and you can view the steps for how to do that in our Help Center Article here. If you’re not able to complete the change, you will want to contact our support team over the phone at one of the numbers provided here. You can close out the chat bubble that pops up in the bottom right and then locate the appropriate number for where you’re located.

Can’t change email address on Ring web site; app offers this function but fails every time. Responses to Community amount to “Gee, it should work.” Is this really the best Ring can do?

@artsea, you’re right. That was a boilerplate non-response. Whoever wrote it should be ashamed, and whoever used it has no shame.