Ring cameras disconnecting

Is anyone else having issues with cameras disconnecting and not allowing live feeds when the toggle on app shows that live feeds are enabled.

3 Likes

@Ajones wrote:
Is anyone else having issues with cameras disconnecting and not allowing live feeds when the toggle on app shows that live feeds are enabled.

Hello @Ajones ,

If this just started happening to your cameras today, it may be related to the Ring outage: https://status.ring.com/

Most of us could not login or even open our Ring Apps or get on Ring.com, and even Ring Support telephones were down. Officially, Ring has not fully restored everyone’s systems yet. Some of us now have been fully restored. Some people were partially restored but were unable to get “Live View” until later. Even fully restored people had some of their settings a little changed, such as Shortcut Tiles rearranged. And still, some people are still waiting for their Ring issues to be restored, so they are waiting for the fix to reach their area.

Since the main Ring computer server had issues, try ‘resending’ your preferred settings back to the main server by toggling them to another setting and saving, and then wait about 30-seconds, and then put your desired settings back and save. Your settings are stored on the Ring server under your Ring email account, not actually on your phone, so it is possible that what settings you see on your phone aren’t actually what is on your stored account.

On the other hand, if your connection and Live View issues were occurring before today, then typically “Live View” issues are Wi-Fi related, and you did say your cameras started disconnecting from the Wi-Fi. But if your Wi-Fi is unchanged and “Live View” had been working fine for a long time, there are some steps I would initially start with (and try the next steps if the issue persists) :

• Temporarily unplug/remove the power source to your Ring Device about a minute and then restore power and wait for the device to “wake” back up again.
  • Reset your Wi-Fi router.
  • The Ring App that you are using to get the “Live View”, such as your smartphone, try closing the Ring App and cycling that smartphone off and then back on.
  • Tap the reset button on your Ring Device.
  • Try the steps outlined in this link: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/214750126-Ring-App-is-Having-Trouble-Showing-Video-and-No…
  • Try a hard Factory Reset on your Ring device by pressing and holding the Reset button for 20-seconds which will automatically start a setup, and the complete the setup procedures again.
  • If the above steps do not fix the issue, call Ring Support for additional help at:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Boone. It is still connected to my internet just not showing live feeds on some of my cameras. I will check on it later to see if things are restored the rest of the way. I didn’t realize that ring was having issues today. Just glad it wasn’t just me. Thank you again for the info.

1 Like

I am very disappointed with this camera. Shameful for a brand like Amazon. The sound is awful, the picture takes a long time to appear, no wired network connection, and too often has to be reconfigured. I will resell it and return to my Chinese videophone which ultimately worked better and did not require a monthly subscription and allowed me to open the port in addition. I am changing for more effective communication and this is far from the case. On the forums, there are only people with problems whose sound has never been solved learning. The additional price is not given compared to the competition, which is increasingly numerous. This is what I wanted to say about my purchase and the brand that does not deserve its reputation

I’m on my 2nd stick up cam elite that keeps disconnecting. It says it’s connected but stuck on the same image and will not properly show what’s actually live.

1 Like

Yes I am currently having this issue

I have had my doorbell for about 3 weeks and my stickup cam for about a week. I can’t seem to look at an actual “live” view - just keeps saying “loading” on both devices. I can go back and watch the video after the fact, but nothing live.

When a camera is offline or live view is not connecting, the best thing to check first is your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I constantly have issues with our ring. Videos not recording, offline, none of it makes sense I can have video one second and the next time nothing. Looking for a different service.

This has been happening very often for us lately. Ring doorbell is only staying online for a day or 2 before having to be reset. Very frustrating. We have no issues with wifi, nothing has changed. Clearly an issue with the doorbell camera. It is 2 years old now but should not be having these issues. So expensive to have to buy a new one.

That’s what I thought the issue was the first time it happens but the battery is fine. Currently at 67% and the doorbell has disconnected again overnight.

Hi neighbors! If your Ring Security Camera is disconnecting from wifi, please review the troubleshooting steps below:

• Check your Ring Camera’s RSSI on the Device Health page. A poor wifi connection can cause your Camera to disconnect from wifi.
  • Reference our wifi troubleshooting guide here. There may be some sources of wifi interference between your Ring Camera and your wifi router that can cause this concern.
  • It’s also important to consider your wifi speeds, as we recommend a minimum of 2Mbps upload and 2Mbps download speed.
  • If you’ve checked all of the above and cannot resolve this, try resetting your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Camera back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

Everyone’s home wifi network and setup is different, so the solution may be different for every neighbor. If this concern persists and the troubleshooting tips and tricks above do not help, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have had this issue for quite a few months. I have 2 Spotlight cams, a battery stickup cam and a doorbell. I have excellent wifi and high speed internet. My camera’s RSII range from 37-47. I am trying to keep all 4 cameras in live view in 4 browser windows on an Apple Mac Mini with and M1 processor. None of the cameras can stay live for more than 20 minutes to an hour without disconnecting. If this issue cannot be resolved I will have to dump these on some unsuspecting buyer on ebay and get a competing brand.

Hi @Jeffki123. I’d be happy to clarify here. Ring Cameras and Doorbells are not designed to function as a CCTV system, and do not support 24/7 Live View or recording. The Live View is intended to time out after around 15 minutes or so, and can then be reactivated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.