Ring Protect Plan and Accessing Video

I am wondering if the Ring Protect Plan records video for the full day or just if motion is detected. If it does record the entire day, how do I access? Thank you.

@Louistrc wrote:

I am wondering if the Ring Protect Plan records video for the full day or just if motion is detected. If it does record the entire day, how do I access? Thank you.

Hello @Louistrc ,

With the Ring Protect Plan, your videos and Snapshots pictures are stored on the Ring Server for you to access. Currently the Videos recorded are not for the full day (24 hours). The videos are recorded by activation, either triggered by motion detected, or when you request “Live View”, or an event triggered by a “Linked” other camera. The “Snapshot” still photographs are also maintained on the server if you have the “Snapshot Capture” feature activated and set for the regular intervals.

Videos can be accessed on the “History” page, or on the Device’s “Time-line.” Currently, Snapshots are accessed via the “Time-Line” and are displayed one-after-the-other creating a rapid time-lapse video per 15-minute intervals. Both Videos and Snapshots can be downloaded to your home devices/computer.

Videos are kept on the Ring Server for up to 60 days (30 days in some countries) and Snapshots are kept up to 7 days.

There are lots of available online information on the Ring Support pages too.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us

I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like