Ring Doorbell 3 is NOT compatible with TP-link deco M9 plus mesh

Got a brand new Ring Doorbell 3 recently and tried to install it. Turned out it kept dropping internet connection. I have a Deco node in 3 ft away from this doorbell, still could not make the connection. I saw people’s complainings everywhere on this board afterwards. Have tried every possible changes on my mesh side, not working. Called Ring tech support multiple times but not helpful. Decided to return it tomorrow.

Not a good experience at all.

I have the similar issue, bought the ring doorbell 3 and tried connecting it with TP-link deco M9 plus mesh. I am able to hear the sound and see the vidoe throgh my ring app but my ring app is not able to communicate with the doorbell, I verified ring app has the microphone access but no luck make it work.

I tried calling customer care and they said there is some ip blockage issue and I need to work with network engineer to fix this and that is only available to premium customers and I can enroll in it by paying $150, It did not make any sense to me so i said i need to check online and found bunch of tp link deco and ring compatiblilty issue, very frustrating experience

From what I can tell Ring Doorbells have issues with TP Link Mesh networks. I have a replacement Doorbell on the way but I don’t think it will solve the problem. I have set my Deco M5 network to send notifications when my Ring Doorbell connects and disconnects. On average it connects and disconnects every 2-3 minutes. Sometime multiples times with in a minute. I have tried a guest network set to only 2.4Ghz with beamforming on/off and fast roaming on/off and Mesh on/off on the device only.

I have since created a new wifi network with an old TP Link router and the connection seems to be stable. My conclusion is Ring + TP Link Mesh = FAIL

I have the same issue in that it works great for a while (usually around 30 days) and then disconnects. Usual error notification is that my router is too far away and cannot Ring cannot reconnect.

After numerous calls to Ring Support I finally got someone on the line that was knowledgeable and honest! The lady said that when the Ring (Have Ring 3 plus) updates it firmware, it then disconnects from the internet and it is unable to reconnect to TP Link networks. So every time they send firmware update notice to the doorbell, it updates and then drops. Only way to address is to remove faceplate, remove battery (orange set up button doesn’t work) and then re-setup. Minor time investment now that I know how to fix, but would be nice if Ring would address the issue. Oh well, not getting a new wifi as the other 50 wifi connections in the house work perfectly…