No live view

Hello live view not working since 1pm even though wi-fi and internet at full power and working perfectly anyone having issues really frustrating thanks

4 Likes

@Macsbaby wrote:
Hello live view not working since 1pm even though wi-fi and internet at full power and working perfectly anyone having issues really frustrating thanks

Hello @Macsbaby ,

Typically the inability to get “Live View” is related to a Wi-Fi issue, but if your Wi-Fi is unchanged and “Live View” had been working fine for a long time, there are some steps I would initially start with (and try the next steps if the issue persists :

• Temporarily unplug/remove the power source to your Ring Device about a minute and then restore power and wait for the device to “wake” back up again.
  • Reset your Wi-Fi router.
  • The Ring App that you are using to get the “Live View”, such as your smartphone, try closing the Ring App and cycling that smartphone off and then back on.
  • Tap the reset button on your Ring Device.
  • Try the steps outlined in this link: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/214750126-Ring-App-is-Having-Trouble-Showing-Video-and-Not-Connecting-to-Your-Ring-Device
  • Try a hard Factory Reset on your Ring device by pressing and holding the Reset button for 20-seconds which will automatically start a setup, and the complete the setup procedures again.
  • If the above steps do not fix the issue, call Ring Support for additional help at:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with mine. I’ve done the reset steps; to no avail. Were you able to fix yours? If so, how did you fix the problem?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issues. None of the "fixes"are working.

I got my live view to work after clearing history

Same issues here. Have been having this problem for weeks now.

I’ve been having the same issues with live view ever since they changed everything. I’ve unplugged, reset & checked wifi and still I’m having these issues. What else can I do other thanpull this from my wall?

Tried all of these things. No fix

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I honestly think it’s the app. My router is about 9 feet from the ringer and we have the highest of internet with unlimited data. It keeps timing out while watching the camera every 20 seconds to one minute.
I can go out side and be next to the ringer on my phone using WiFi with no issues at all.
Also no other devices are being used and same thing happens when accessing the camera it will turn off and say try again.
Very frustrating!

I have this happen non-stop. It stops at 9pm and doesn’t come back on line until 6am, yet my backyard cam works fine. If it does record something during the evening it’s completely black with no image or sound. I’ve been fighting with this issue for a few months. I’m ready to throw in the towel and get rid of ALL my Ring products.

2 Likes

Having same issues as above, I’ve tried resetting, WiFi etc but no joy. It’s definitely an app issue as I’m able to establish live view through the website control centre

Hi Jillie
Did you manage to fix this?
I am having the same problem.
We had some solar lights stolen from our front garden and it never recorded…

I’m having the same problem, but only on my cameras in South Carolina. The one in Florida are working fine.

I am having the same issue. I have tried resetting everything. Nothing is helping. The camera will click on and off but I can not access live view.

This has been going on for the past few days for me, it’s truly very frustrating. It will send me notifications advising there is motion but doesn’t allow me to view anything. :-1:t4::-1:t4:

1 Like