Neighbor of the Month - June 2020

Hi neighbors, we are excited to announce our June 2020 neighbor of the month!

Neighbor of the month is our continued way of showcasing a neighbor who has actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.

@PapaLanc has been selected as our Community neighbor of the month for June 2020. Thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! Same as every month, we have a special set of questions for them to answer. Check out @PapaLanc’s answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!

• How did you first hear about Ring?

Not sure - if I had to guess, I think I saw something on Amazon.

• How long have you been a Ring neighbor?

April of 2019.

• How many Ring devices do you have?

I have about 18 Ring devices altogether!

• Which Ring device is your favorite and why?

I would say none are my favorite. They are just things that work mostly. I would say I purchased Ring Alarm for the cellular backup. I have Ring Alarm, First Alert Smoke/CO2, and 2 Smart Lights/Bridge. Plus a Stick Up Cam!

• On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?

I would have to go with a 9. I know that is pretty high, but I love Alexa. Alexa cook rice. Alexa I am home. Alexa ask BBQ guru what my pit temp is. Alexa set the stat to 76. Alexa ask ambient weather what the indoor temp is. Alexa is the driving force with routines. Shame you cannot set a routine for when the Ring Alarm is Alarming.

• What type of smart phone and router do you use with your Ring devices?

Just replaced my S7 with an S9. Things were very slow and I had issues with the Ring app, so I hoped the S9 would fix. It did not, but 1.5 hour phone call with support did! I am using Ethernet to the Base Station and my router is an Actiontec T3200 provided by Windstream, my DSL provider.

• Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?

Nothing positive, as it should just work. I talked my buddy into Ring to save the $50 a month fee, and he had no cellular backup. Many calls later he now has a better cellular signal than I do! :slight_smile:

• What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?

I will have to go with the cellular backup. My fear is a smart crook would pull the power meter.

• And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?

Oh, lets go with pecan pie and ice cream!

Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, @PapaLanc! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package.

3 Likes

@PapaLanc, I love that you use Alexa to help you cook! When can I come over for some of that BBQ?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anytime in 2021 when there is a vaccine :slight_smile: Until then best I can do is sharemycook.com

That said if there is a way to PM with an addy I can send you my world famous southern specialty cheese straws LOL

2 Likes

Southern Specialty Cheese Straws?! Oh I’ll certainly be in touch for some of those!! Thanks for being a great neighbor :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

I got me a new fancy solar light for my sign !

2 Likes

@PapaLanc wrote:

I got me a new fancy solar light for my sign !

Congratulations! In your attached photo, that’s a cool solar Ring Sign.

The other sign is cool too :wink:

1 Like