Neighbor of the Month - August 2020

Hi neighbors, we are excited to announce our August 2020 Neighbor of the Month!

Neighbor of the month is our continued way of showcasing a neighbor who has actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.

@RingMaster2 has been selected as our Community neighbor of the month for August 2020. Thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! We appreciate how much you promote the Feature Request Board to other neighbors. Same as every month, we have a special set of questions for them to answer. Check out @RingMaster2’s answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!

How did you first hear about Ring?
The Ars Technica website.

How long have you been a Ring neighbor?
1 Year

How many Ring devices do you have?
I have 15 Ring devices.

Which Ring device is your favorite and why?
The Ring Pathlight is my favorite because it can communicate with other devices on the network and it has a stylish look. I also like the Ring camera Event History Timeline feature. It’s better than most competitors. You can scroll through a whole day of camera footage effortlessly on your phone or tablet.

On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?

What type of smart phone and router do you use with your Ring devices?
Apple iPhone

Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?
Every Thursday seems to have a funny story due to the prevalence of dog walkers in my neighborhood. One of the things I use my Ring Doorbell camera for is to catch dog walkers who let their dogs pee on my trash can. It’s a real pet peeve of mine. Our trash cans have to be placed on the curb once a week where they are vulnerable for several hours.

I wish dog walkers realized that it’s such a nuisance when a dog pees on our trash can because the trash can goes into our garage and if you are trying to keep your garage nice and clean, the last thing you want is to have a trash can that has pee on it. I could write a book on this topic and possibly will at some point. Anyway, the Ring camera’s help keep the dogwalkers in check, for now…

What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?
My favorite Ring feature is the ability the devices have to communicate with each other. For example, when one Ring Pathlight tells another Ring Pathlight to turn on. That’s priceless.

And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?
Champagne!

Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, @RingMaster2! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package.

2 Likes

@RingMaster2 , CONGRATULATIONS!

Dogs peeing on your trash can? Yuck.

It’s amazing how people tend to act differently when they are aware they are on camera, so maybe attach a sign on your smelly trash can that says something like, “You and your peeing dog are on camera! Smile!” and also put one of those Ring stickers on the trash can (your Swag Gift should have an additional Ring sticker). LOL

But again, Congratulations! Celebrate by drinking some of your dessert! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll join in on the dessert, @Boone & @RingMaster2 – I mean… the celebrations :slight_smile:

1 Like