Internet Can Be Comprised

I have a predicament. My Internet box on the outside of my house which is very visible it’s near the front door (But our of range of doorbell camera). My Internet which is connected to my security cameras could be easily compromised. There is one cable coming up from the ground into the box and then there is another cable, it’s smaller that comes out of the box and into my house. I have asked the cable company about securing it they said that it’s not for them to do because we own that box, because it’s attached to our house they only are responsible for the box that’s attached to a separate dwelling where a cable runs underneath ground from. They told me to go to a electronics store to find something to put on the outside of it to secure it I went to two different places looked online and they said they have nothing like that. I’ve contacted Ring and they currently don’t make anything to secure my internet box. It also concerns me too my Internet cable comes up through my living room floor where the modem and router are located and you can easily see them there and see if you were to crawl under the house it’s right there to compromise. To me this makes me feel the security cameras aren’t really secure. Any ideas? Thanks

1 Like

If someone really wants to cut your internet feed, there is really no way of stopping them. They can climb a pole down the street or go in a manhole. The chance anyone will go through this is slim. A camera and lights can be used to deter or at least capture anyone trying to cut the line.

They only secure way to protect your property from anyone getting in is an alarm system Ring has one. It works off batteries for the sensors, Wireless connection to them. Then the base alarm has its own battery and a mobile data sim card that will work without power and or an internet connection. Of course, you will need a monitoring plan if you want the police called but you can also not have it monitored as well.

1 Like