I need a phone number to change my email address

SOMEONE PLEASE POST A US PHONE NUMBER WHERE I CAN CALL TO CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS. WHY DID YOU LOCK DOWN CUSTOMER ACCESS TO E-MAIL IN THE PROFILE? THIS ONLY MAKES IT HARDER ON PEOPLE TO UPDATE THEIR ACCOUNTS WHEN THEIR ISP CHANGES.

y’all ppened hours ago, I am on hold for 1/2 hour to do something simple like change my e-mail address. We are not renewing our contract when it comes up. This is insane to spend MY TIME doing something as simple as trying to update an e-mail address. On top of it I am listening you your people ramble in ads about the benefits of RING which frankly is a crappy camera anyway because the lag is so slow the only thing it catches is people walking away from it. What a waste. It says Amazon owns you. No wonder so many empliyees at Amazon are upset - if you treat people this way.

1 Like

Hi @STEPHENKENT. For your account security we limit the ability for neighbors to be able to change their email address for their Ring account. This is to ensure that only the owner is making this change after being verified over the phone with our support team. We did have the ability for neighbors to do this via chat, but our chat team has moved to phone support only to handle the high demand of calls coming into our call center. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you this morning, and know that this is not the experience our neighbors normally go through, or should go through. We appreciate your feedback on this situation, and rest assured that this has been escalated up to the appropriate teams. For more information on our response to COVID-19, please reach out Help Article here.

Thank you for the explanation. After spending an hour and a half on the phone trying to get the account e-mail changed, which includes problems y’all have internally there with your software, it is unlikely I would recommend your product to anyone. Your staff are nice people, but you are limited by how your management thinks about things. The greatest sales organizations in the world can’t survive if the product support ties up people on things as simple as an e-mail change.

1 Like

@STEPHENKENT I’m happy to hear that our support team was able to get this sorted out and were professional and nice. Again, I really do apologize that you had this experience and completely understand where you are coming from. This kind of feedback is most valuable during times like these, so please know that this will not go unnoticed by our teams.

We hope you plan to stick around in the Community forum for any times you ever need help, as while we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we’re still around here for you too! We encourage our neighbors to talk to each other on here about their devices and what they do with them to make the experience easiest for all. :smiley_cat:

After reading all of this, the question still seems to remain: WHAT IS THE PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT FOR SUPPORT?! I have the same issue and my billing info is being sent to an email that will soon be discontinued. If RIng would like to continue my patronage, then I would appreciate some assistance in updating my email address? Thanks!

Hey @alcdel. You can find the support number for your region here. You can find out what support is available in your area here, as our scope of support has different hours of operation depending on your area. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Try logging into your account and going to the settings or profile section. There may be an option to change your email address there. If you’re still having trouble, try contacting customer support via chat or email. Look for contact information on the company’s website or social media pages. If you’re having trouble contacting customer support, you could try using a uk temp number.
I hope this helps! Don’t give up - you’ll be able to get your email address updated eventually. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.