How does this help me?

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/01/ring-doorbell-app-packed-third-party-trackers

How does this help me? I already pay your top tier for my services, have multiple rings aroundmy property and you still sell my data.

How much do you need from me to stop this?

2 Likes

That article you linked doesn’t say anything about Ring selling the data. Are you familiar with all the services those companies provide and how Ring uses them?

My guess - Ring is paying those companies to provide them with various services, and they need data to provide the services.

Hi neighbors,

First and foremost, we want to remind you that at Ring, privacy is foundational - and guides every decision we make.

Like many companies, Ring uses third-party service providers to understand the use of our mobile app, which helps us improve features, optimize your customer experience, and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing. We care deeply about providing our neighbors with the best possible experience and leverage these tools to help us do so.

We want to ensure you that these service providers’ use of the data provided is contractually limited to appropriate purposes, such as performing these services on our behalf, and not for other purposes. Ring is not in the business of selling customer information.For more information, please reference our Privacy Notice on Ring.com/privacy.

Thank you,

Chelsea

I’m sorry, but I’ve been with ring now for a few years, and during this time I’ve heard this story before. When you allowed people unmitigated access to my feeds, with the data breach. The security leaks. All of it. And now you use facebook to gather access on how I use your app? This is getting absolutely rediculous. Each time this happens I find it more and more difficult to defend your company. I like the ease of use, and the ability to access the devices but you keep disappointing me.

What can I pay, or how can I get an app that just lets me view my cameras? And how can I trust you going forward?

1 Like

I too just saw the EFF article today. There are a couple posts about this scattered throughout the Ring community, so it seems as if most customers are not aware. As I was researching this, I came across this article from January 9, which I was not aware of either:

“Ring fires four employees for abusing access to customer videos”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ring-fires-employees-for-abusing-access-to-customer-videos-2020-01-09/

Like many on this board, we have a lot invested in Ring products. I was avoiding Nest because it is owned by Google, and then to hear that Ring gave my data to Google AND Facebook…?!

This is the OPPOSITE of security and peace of mind!!!