How do I change my profile name?

Can anyone help me?

1 Like

Hi @Tleighsavagr. In the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar. Next, select My Settings, then Username under the Personal tab. Now, you’ll be able to choose a new username. I hope this helps!

@Tom_Ring , I have the same question. The directions you provided do not work.

When I click on my avatar I’m not presented with a “My Settings” option. The closest thing to it is “Preferences”. When I click on that I can see my username, but there’s no option to edit it.

Is this because I’ve only recently joined the forum? I know there are limits on what I can do – is editing my username one of those limitations? If so, how long do I have to wait for that to be lifted?

If that’s not the reason, then why am I unable to edit my username?

Thanks.

1 Like

You are correct about the waiting period, @1920ec423f614bca43a22c67d53748! Also, Welcome to the Ring Community :slight_smile:

As you’ve just joined, please allow 24 hours before you are able to change your username. As for the steps to do so, your feedback and confirmation is appreciated, and I’ve listed them below in case other neighbors have the same question.

While logged into your Ring Community profile:

• Click your Avatar at the top right corner of the page
  • Click the person/ silhouette icon drop down menu tab
  • Choose Preferences
  • The submenu selection should be “Account” by default (or select Account), which will display your username and allow you to change it.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I actually just tried this to change my username as well and no such option exists under Account-Username. Only clickable option is to change my avatar. Shows my username, but no option to change it.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know this, @5150Joel. We’ve just adjusted some settings for username changes on our side. Please check again and let us know if you are presented with a “pencil/ edit” option as shown in the example below. :slight_smile:
UsernameChangeExample

1 Like

@Marley_Ring thank you for your reply. I however don’t have that option with the pencil to edit my name.

Hi @5150Joel. Thanks for letting us know, I’ll pass this information back over to my team so they can take a look at the settings further. We’ll share more information when we have it. :slight_smile:

same here. No option available to change assigned user name