cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Tag Someone in a Post

Community Moderator

How To: Tag Someone in a Post

1.  Type the "@" symbol.
  2. A drop down will appear with the username of all neighbors included in that thread.
  3. Select the username of the neighbor you would like to tag.
    1. Continue typing the username to see more options beyond the thread participants.

Final Tagged.2019-05-31 14_32_21.gif

Please let us know what else you would like to learn about the Community in the comments below!

3 REPLIES 3
New Neighbor III

Re: How To: Tag Someone in a Post

Any thoughts on how to do this on mobile? None of those options exist when viewing the mobile website version of the board.

So my @Riley_Ring doesn't drop anything down for me to choose an actual tag. Can the text formatting and tagging be added to the mobile version of the website? Or if it can be done manually using html — <b>testing bold html tag here</b> or if markdown works — *this would italicized if the board uses markdown*, or if neither of those work, maybe there's another "language" used entirely?

I'm rarely responding from my PC so having a way to do this on mobile would be nice.

Going to test some other random formatting codes from different platforms for any results:

<blockquote>blockquote, used by Disqus</blockquote>

_old google+ way of adding bold_

But I doubt any of these will work, but I'll know in a few seconds. Here goes...
New Neighbor III

I guess that answers that. No formatting that I can figure seems to work on mobile. Even viewing the desktop site I get the editing tools, but the @ "drop down" doesn't appear. 

So maybe if the forum can be made a little more mobile friendly since mobile traffic is half of all internet traffic. 

Thanks! 

@abqnm wrote:
Any thoughts on how to do this on mobile? None of those options exist when viewing the mobile website version of the board.

So my @Riley_Ring doesn't drop anything down for me to choose an actual tag. Can the text formatting and tagging be added to the mobile version of the website? Or if it can be done manually using html — <b>testing bold html tag here</b> or if markdown works — *this would italicized if the board uses markdown*, or if neither of those work, maybe there's another "language" used entirely?

I'm rarely responding from my PC so having a way to do this on mobile would be nice.

Going to test some other random formatting codes from different platforms for any results:

<blockquote>blockquote, used by Disqus</blockquote>

_old google+ way of adding bold_

But I doubt any of these will work, but I'll know in a few seconds. Here goes...

Community Manager

Hi @abqnm - thanks for your input. If you take a look at our Welcome to the Ring Community  post, you'll see we are still working on perfecting the mobile site. We appreciate your patience while we get that up and running.