Extremely frustrated

I have a ring pro door bell and a spotlight cam combo. I cant talk thru either due to bad connections when my gf sitting right beside me can. I can’t get a live feed but for a few sec then have to wait to connect live again. I’m tired of it. I’m beyond frustrated I’m paying for a service that is not being delivered. Wasted over 300$ on a system that doesnt work. I have a brand new phone. Galaxy a 10 plus.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience @Barryb235! With operation varying between two devices, where one mobile device works better, this is a good indication that the Doorbell and Cam are operating as intended. Of course, the app and mobile device integration can vary by model and operating system, but ultimately should work as expected.

To start, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app on your phone, as well as disabling any bluetooth, hotspots, VPNs, and third party security or optimizer apps. Trying this on wifi only, as well as on data only, can also isolate a possible cause for connection concerns. Please let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

That’s likely going to be a signal quality problem, not a problem with the Ring equipment. (either between your wifi and the devices, or between the cellular tower and your phone)

I had the same problem until I purchased one of the Ring wireless repeaters/speeakers, and put it between my wifi and the device in question. In my case it was an internal wifi signal quality problem, not a cellular signal problem. I also had to upgrade the doorbell transformer, because it was old and didnt have the required output for the doorbell device.

You can also check the health/signal quality in the app, for each device, to see how well it sees your wifi. Figure 100 - that number = the result. Example: if it says your signal is 50, that would be 50% quality(100 minus 50), if it says 80, that means 20% quality(100 minus 80), etc.

1 Like