cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community 101: Requesting Features

Highlighted
Community Manager

Community 101: Requesting Features

Our team loves to hear what features you would like to see with our devices and app. In Ring Alarm, Security Cams, Video Doorbells and Ring App boards  you will find a “Feature Request” thread pinned to the top. Be sure to check it out and share any feature request you would like to see! 

How to request a feature:

1. Begin by looking through the current requests to see if someone has already posted a similar suggestion.
    • If they have, kudo it in the bottom left corner of the post by clicking on the thumbs up icon kudo.png.
  2. If you do not see a suggestion similar to yours, click ‘Reply’ on the main feature request post.
  3. Include as much detail as possible, such as why this feature is important and how you would use it. 
  4. Now you are all set and ready to accept kudos for your feature request!

The insights you provide here will be brought back to the team here at Ring. So please keep it coming, we are excited to hear from you!

Feature Request Board - No Username.pngPlease note, that anything you disclose to us by commenting on Feature Request posts will be the property of Ring. Please see our Terms of Service for more information.

8 REPLIES 8
New Neighbor

Re: Community 101: Requesting Features

Can you connect two solar panels to ring stick camera?

Community Manager

Hey @Jay247365! Our battery powered devices feature one charging adapter port, therefore only one Solar Panel can be used. One Solar Panel should be plenty sufficient for charging your device batteries. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Is it possible to adopt the same alert zone setup in Floodlight cam, for the “Door view cam”, ie draging points to set up accurate alert zones. Thanks

New Neighbor

I would like to reques the following features:

- Live view from desktop version

- Ability to remember a browser using 2FA rather than having to get a text each time I use the browser version

New Neighbor

Why is it so hard to find  "new feature request" or "Requesting features"? There need to be a tab at the top of the main community page to request or search these topics.Smiley Happy

New Neighbor II

I would like to see Ring fully integrated with Google Assistant.

New Neighbor

Re: Community 101: Requesting Features Hard Wired Smoke / Carbon Detectors

I have seven hardwired smoke and carbon detector alarms that are interconnect per local code.

I would like to have a  hardwired smoke and carbon dector that is integrated with my Ring Security, but there is only a battery option.  I DO NOT want to hook up a Ring Listenter and have a second device on the ceiling.

To resolve this, I had to purchase a Nest hardwired smoke and carbon detector and run it seperately from Ring.

I would gladly swap out my Nest hardwired smoke alarm if Ring had one available.

When is Ring going to have an interconnectable hardwired smoke and carbon detector alarms?

Community Manager

Re: Community 101: Requesting Features Hard Wired Smoke / Carbon Detectors

Glad you asked @bhwhite! We currently offer a First Alert Zwave Smoke/ CO Alarm on our accessories page at Ring.com. Keep in mind, this device requires our Alarm system in order for it to work with Ring. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.