cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community 101: Basics and Best Practices

Highlighted
Community Manager

Community 101: Basics and Best Practices

See a post you like? Want to respond to a fellow neighbor? Want to create your own topic? We created this list of best practices to help guide you through the Community:

• Create a Thread - Once you’ve found the board that seems to fit where you want to create a thread at, click on “Start a Topic” within the board.Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.31.09 PM (1).jpg
  • Thumbs Up - Want to show your support on a post? Click the Kudo button in the bottom left corner of the post - it acts as a 'like'!

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.28.24 PM.png

• Reply - If you wish to continue the conversation in a post, click the 'Reply' button in the bottom right corner of the post. From there, enter what you would like to say in the Body. You can attach links, videos, pictures, and format the text as you wish. Make sure to hit “Post” when you're ready to send it off!Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.28.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.29.46 PM (1).jpg
  • Tag - If there are multiple neighbors in one post and you wish to comment on one specific neighbors experience, be sure to tag them. You can learn more about tagging and what it looks like here.
  • Edit and delete - Sometimes spelling errors occur! If you ever feel the need to correct your post, you can do so. On the right side of your post, hit the three dotted lines. You will see an option to edit your post or delete it from there. Editing the post will bring you back to the format as if you were posting for the first time, but you will see the old text in the body for you to edit as you wish. Please note: you can only edit your post within the first 24 hours.Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.31.56 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.47.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.47.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.47.33 PM.png

• Separate - Sometimes conversations can begin in a thread that are about a different, yet similar topic. It is best to move that conversation into its own post to make it easier for other neighbors to find. Do this by creating your own thread.
  • Accepting Solutions - Did a neighbor answer your question on your thread? Click the “Select as Solution” button on their reply so everyone can find their useful information easier! You can learn more about accepting solutions here.
  • Details - When sharing an experience with your device or set up, it can be helpful to include as much detail as possible, such as, phone model, router type, and added device details that seem unique to your experience.
  • Friendly - Keep the Community a safe space for all neighbors opinions and experience levels. Please always refer to the Community Guidelines and treat others the way you would want to be treated.

Let us know in the comments if there is anything you would like to know more about how to use the Community.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Community 101: Basics and Best Practices

I created a group for a Neighborhood Watch on the Neighbors App. I tried to invite a member via email. 

When the member attempted to log in to join my group, a message stated their email was already in use. They already have an account with Ring. How can they join my group?

Highlighted
Neighbor II

Re: Community 101: Basics and Best Practices

This topic you posted under has nothing to do with the neighborhood app.
I use the app you mentioned but there is no way to make your own group. You can send invites so others can join. So if they're seeing their email already in use it means they have a Ring account. All they have to do is sign in to the Ring app which has the neighborhood built in or sign into its own separate app.