cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community 101: Accepting Solutions

Community Moderator

Community 101: Accepting Solutions

What are the solutions?

In the Ring Community, each post can have one reply marked as the “Solution.” This helps other neighbors easily find the best answer to the post. Once a reply has been marked as a “Solution”, it will appear at the top of the comments and have a check mark to help others easily identify the solution. Please see the example below.

Accepted solution example.png
Why mark solutions?

Marking a solution helps your fellow neighbors easily find the reply that will best help them, rather than having to look through all the comments. Also, it is a great way to show the neighbor who replied with the answer that you appreciate their support.

Who can mark solutions?

The original neighbor who asked the question can mark the reply as a solution. When they are sure that a reply is the best answer to help the poster a Community moderator or special Ring employee can mark an accepted solution as well. 

How do I mark a solution?

Just click the “Accept as Solution” button in the bottom right corner of the reply, see the example below.

Solution Button.png

Oops, I marked the wrong solution. Is there a way to undo it?

Yes, in the upper right corner of the reply that was marked as a solution, you can open the menu and select “Not the Solution”.

Not the Solution.png
Can I mark my own reply a solution? Should I?

Absolutely, if you figure out the answer someplace else offline and it is the best solution, please reply to the post to share this knowledge with your fellow neighbors.

Are there rewards for offering accepted solutions?

Yes! you can earn a special badge that looks similar to the one below. The more solutions that are accepted, the more badges you will earn!solution badge.pngQuestions?

Please ask them by replying below Smiley Happy