cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16v 10vac

SOLVED
New Neighbor

16v 10vac

I have a Ring doorbel pro that was installed a little over a week ago. Everything works fine but I am concerned that based on comments from other blogs that having a transformer with only 16v 10 va will eventually fry my doorbell. I called support and they said that I have enough power.  I just bought a 16 v 30va but will not install until next week if I need to.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: 16v 10vac

Hey @Zandarr ! Our Ring Pro requires a power supply between 16VAC and 24VAC to operate as intended. A 16V 10VA rated transformer is fine to use, however, it's important to consider the age/ length of wiring, number of chime kits, and other factors such as resistance. An older chime kit or thin of wiring might not deliver voltage efficiently enough and so a more powerful transformer would be needed.

A 16V 30VA transformer will certainly do the trick, if you find that your current configuration is not providing enough power. Take a look at our help center article, which shares insight on common concerns, and ways to prevent low power situations. Let us know if you have any further questions Smiley Happy

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Re: 16v 10vac

Thank you for getting back to me. I feel a lot better now