video unavailable in ring/neighborhood app

Hello I can’t see pictures or vides of thieves stealing it says the video is unavailable. I uninstalled the app check for updates and reset my phone and reinstalled it and its still the same. I don’t know if the video is getting reported and this is why I can’t ant them I can see the comments in the post. I can see post with pictures about lost animals.

2 Likes

Hi @jw22! Is it only happening on that particular video? If so, the poster may have taken it down. Check out our help center article about the neighbors app for more information on sharing videos, viewing posts, and the Neighborhood App Guidelines for posting.

This “video unavailable” problem has been going on for several iOS updates, and it’s as if Ring has no idea what’s going on in their own app. People in the neighbors section complain about it and people in the App Store complain, but nothing changes. And no, the videos have not been deleted. They’re still available when you share the URL and sometimes when you come back to the entry. Sometimes. Doesn’t Ring test their stuff?

1 Like

Hi @poob, happy to step in for Marley here. I’d suggest uninstalling the Ring and Neighbors Apps, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring and Neighbors Apps. If this concern with the videos showing as unavailable persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look into this more closely and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Maybe Ring should just fix it themselves.

1 Like